Recent erratic synch rates

Old November 1st 08, 12:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flyig u 28 +

Default Recent erratic synch rates

Until recently - up to and including Thursday 30/10 my synch rate on
morning router boot-up (usually some time between 09-00 and 10-00) has been
between 6600 and 6800 kbps. But yesterday morning it was 4348 on Gateway
pte-ag1 (Plusnet is my ISP). An immediate router reboot realised 6484 kbps
on pte-ag2, at which value it remained 'til 13-20 when it was dropped to
6176 on pcl-ag02. A further reboot recovered it to 6432 on pte-ag1.

This morning's boot-up saw an initial synch rate of 2944 kbps - reboots gave
5600, then 5920 and an hour later 6592.

The only thing that has changed, as far as I know, was Sky talk taking
over my line rental on Monday 27/10 so that I could retain free caller
display and 1571 answerphone services. I can't see this affecting it though
since Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday's morning boot-ups gave 6784, 6688
and 6720 kbps respectively.

Anyone got any ideas on what could be causing this recent erratic behaviour?
--
Heard melodies are sweet, but those Unheard are sweeter
FN 28 +, Mungo Brandybuck of Buckland

Old November 2nd 08, 08:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Flyig u 28 + wrote:
[...]

If its anything like my setup, probably your central heating boiler.

Mine seems to be sparking away and resynching the line every time it
fires up..

Leastways the disconnects are all at the time of day when the boiler's
working.

i'll get round to fixing that when I ve sorted the mysterious house
trips out. THINK I have an earth neutral short in some workshop wiring..