Sky Broadband and newsgroups - do they provide access?

Old November 3rd 08, 10:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Sky Broadband and newsgroups - do they provide access?

I have just helped someone set up his Sky broadband and all went OK!

He has asked me if Sky has newsgroup access - either text or
(preferably) binaries which is what he got before he moved house and
away from virgin.

If so, what is their newsgroup server?

Mike

Old November 3rd 08, 10:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

"m" wrote in message
I have just helped someone set up his Sky broadband and all went OK!

He has asked me if Sky has newsgroup access - either text or (preferably)
binaries which is what he got before he moved house and away from virgin.

If so, what is their newsgroup server?

Mike

quite possibly not, but that's not a problem.
My ISP does maintain its own Usenet service but
I choose not to use it.
There are plenty of independent News Servers out there,
for some reason mainly based in Germany.
you just need to sign up.
news.individual.net gives an excellent service for a token
fee.
If you want something that is free I can recommend the
one I am using, news.motzarella.org
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old November 4th 08, 04:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 21:32:02 +0000, m wrote:

I have just helped someone set up his Sky broadband and all went OK!

He has asked me if Sky has newsgroup access - either text or
(preferably) binaries which is what he got before he moved house and
away from virgin.

If so, what is their newsgroup server?

Mike

Sky don't offer a usenet server.

As mentioned there's news.individual.net and news.motzarella.org.
There are others including: news.albasani.net