Who turned out the lights?

Old November 4th 08, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

Default Who turned out the lights?

I think the tranatlantic link transport data protocol layer had been
downgraded from packetised binary encoding to something closer to morse
code.

... - / .. ... / ... .-.. --- .--

--
Adrian C
Old November 5th 08, 12:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R. Mark Clayton

It's been like that for decades.

"Adrian C" wrote in message
I think the tranatlantic link transport data protocol layer had been
downgraded from packetised binary encoding to something closer to morse
code.

.. - / .. ... / ... .-.. --- .--

--
Adrian C

Old November 5th 08, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"Adrian C" wrote in message
I think the tranatlantic link transport data protocol layer had been
downgraded from packetised binary encoding to something closer to morse
code.

.. - / .. ... / ... .-.. --- .--

..-. / .-.-. /

George

Old November 5th 08, 12:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Livingston

George Weston wrote:
"Adrian C" wrote in message
I think the tranatlantic link transport data protocol layer had been
downgraded from packetised binary encoding to something closer to morse
code.

.. - / .. ... / ... .-.. --- .--

.-. / .-.-. /

George

Possibly due to a recent election ? Everyone and his dog watching CNN etc ?

John
Old November 5th 08, 12:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian C

John Livingston wrote:
George Weston wrote:
.-. / .-.-. /

Last night, more like R?

Possibly due to a recent election ? Everyone and his dog watching CNN etc ?

See the later thread "news.bbc.co.uk"

--
Adrian C
Old November 5th 08, 12:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mortimer

"George Weston" wrote in message

"Adrian C" wrote in message
I think the tranatlantic link transport data protocol layer had been
downgraded from packetised binary encoding to something closer to morse
code.

.. - / .. ... / ... .-.. --- .--

.-. / .-.-. /

"R+"?

" " / "NOT - " I think ;-)

Old November 5th 08, 03:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

et...

"Adrian C" wrote in message
I think the tranatlantic link transport data protocol layer had been
downgraded from packetised binary encoding to something closer to morse
code.

.. - / .. ... / ... .-.. --- .--

.-. / .-.-. /

"R+"?

" " / "NOT - " I think ;-)

R + AR(barred) = understood + no reply required.

George

Old November 5th 08, 03:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mortimer

"George Weston" wrote in message

et...

"Adrian C" wrote in message
I think the tranatlantic link transport data protocol layer had been
downgraded from packetised binary encoding to something closer to morse
code.

.. - / .. ... / ... .-.. --- .--

.-. / .-.-. /

"R+"?

" " / "NOT - " I think ;-)

R + AR(barred) = understood + no reply required.

Oh, I see: "R" and "+" (or AR) have special meanings, do they? Mind you, I'm
no good at translating text-speak either ;-)

Old November 5th 08, 04:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"Mortimer" wrote in message
et...
"George Weston" wrote in message

et...

"Adrian C" wrote in message
I think the tranatlantic link transport data protocol layer had been
downgraded from packetised binary encoding to something closer to morse
code.

.. - / .. ... / ... .-.. --- .--

.-. / .-.-. /

"R+"?

" " / "NOT - " I think ;-)

R + AR(barred) = understood + no reply required.

Oh, I see: "R" and "+" (or AR) have special meanings, do they? Mind you,
I'm no good at translating text-speak either ;-)

Nor me.
I'm fluent in obsolete systems like morse though!
;-)

George

Old November 6th 08, 08:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

"Mortimer" wrote in message
et...
"George Weston" wrote in message

et...

"Adrian C" wrote in message
I think the tranatlantic link transport data protocol layer had been
downgraded from packetised binary encoding to something closer to morse
code.

.. - / .. ... / ... .-.. --- .--

.-. / .-.-. /

"R+"?

" " / "NOT - " I think ;-)

R + AR(barred) = understood + no reply required.

Oh, I see: "R" and "+" (or AR) have special meanings, do they? Mind you,
I'm no good at translating text-speak either ;-)

Most people don't realise that SOS is "barred" too (written down with an
overscore)
meaning it is sent as a single character di di di dah dah dah di di di with
no intercharactor
spaces.

--
Graham.