Digital Vault still shyte then....

Old November 9th 08, 08:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BTDTGTTS

Default Digital Vault still shyte then....

Went to my account at 8.48 today and it took 4 minutes to find my info with
several "experiencing some delays" style messages.
BT Vault is shyte.

So much for the Information Superhighway...................More like life in
the slow lane FFS!

Old November 10th 08, 11:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Davies

BTDTGTTS none wrote:
BT Vault is shyte.

Isn't this just an instance of you getting what you pay for. (Or not.)
Chris
Old November 10th 08, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BTDTGTTS

"Chris Davies" wrote in message
BTDTGTTS none wrote:
BT Vault is shyte.

Isn't this just an instance of you getting what you pay for. (Or not.)

Given that they punt it out at all sorts of times on the TV ad stating it's
a be-all solver for information storage I find their advertising misleading.

Would be better if the info you need backed up was just stuffed onto an 8"
floppy or a tape drive ........... Would be faster than Shytevault

Old November 10th 08, 11:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Davies

BTDTGTTS none wrote:
Given that they punt it out at all sorts of times on the TV ad stating it's
a be-all solver for information storage I find their advertising misleading.

Would be better if the info you need backed up was just stuffed onto an 8"
floppy or a tape drive ........... Would be faster than Shytevault

I don't think anyone could possibly be suggesting that upload speeds to
BT Digital Vault are going to be high, given that most of us are on the
"up to 8Mb" broadband that limits upload speeds to around ~40 KB/s.

Having not seen the advertisements to which you're refering, I'm not
able to comment on them. However, I believe that a coherent complaint
to the ASA is the proper approach. (Stay away from the "up to 8Mb"
arena, though.)

It doesn't take a lot of maths to discover that it will take over seven
hours to upload just 1 GB of data over a domestic ADSL connection. An
LT03 tape drive will stream approximately 60 MB of data per second -
there's simply no comparison. On the other hand, I'm not convinced that 8"
floppies are a particularly reliable alternative, and I strongly suspect
it would be tricky to obtain replacement media.

Chris
Old November 11th 08, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BTDTGTTS

BTDTGTTS none wrote:
[...]

Reckon I got you with a "Whoosh" moment there Chris ;-)

I'm gonna have to sharpen up my sarcasm and irony skills......

Old November 12th 08, 12:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Davies

BTDTGTTS none wrote:
Reckon I got you with a "Whoosh" moment there Chris ;-)
I'm gonna have to sharpen up my sarcasm and irony skills......

Irony was noted and passed back. I think I won that round?
Chris ;-)