Email limits.

Old November 9th 08, 06:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Default Email limits.

I'm part of a round letter group, sending & receiving 'jokes' of a topical,
or non topical as the case maybe. Up to this weekend I've had no problems
forwarding on mails with 20 plus recepients (spelling? still got to install
spell chucker) now over this weekend I'm finding I'm being restricted to 10.

As you can see I'm using OE6 & as far as I can tell I've not changed any
parameters. The only thing, AFAIK, which has changed is that my hosting
server has been changed.

Now before I fire of yet another missive to my hosting company (3 others
being caused by the change of server & not being informed about it & the IP
hasn't been propagated, yes they had sent me a mail after the fact which I
couldn't receive as I couldn't connect to said server) is there anything
which may cause such a restriction at this end which I am unaware off.

TIA

B-(

Old November 9th 08, 06:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Kráftéé wrote:
I'm part of a round letter group, sending & receiving 'jokes' of a topical,
or non topical as the case maybe. Up to this weekend I've had no problems
forwarding on mails with 20 plus recepients (spelling? still got to install
spell chucker) now over this weekend I'm finding I'm being restricted to 10.

As you can see I'm using OE6 & as far as I can tell I've not changed any
parameters. The only thing, AFAIK, which has changed is that my hosting
server has been changed.

Now before I fire of yet another missive to my hosting company (3 others
being caused by the change of server & not being informed about it & the IP
hasn't been propagated, yes they had sent me a mail after the fact which I
couldn't receive as I couldn't connect to said server) is there anything
which may cause such a restriction at this end which I am unaware off.

No. It will be the SMTP relay rejecting what it classes as 'spam'

Change your mail provider.

TIA

B-(

Old November 9th 08, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Kráftéé wrote:
I'm part of a round letter group, sending & receiving 'jokes' of a topical,
or non topical as the case maybe. Up to this weekend I've had no problems
forwarding on mails with 20 plus recepients (spelling? still got to install
spell chucker) now over this weekend I'm finding I'm being restricted to 10.

As you can see I'm using OE6 & as far as I can tell I've not changed any
parameters. The only thing, AFAIK, which has changed is that my hosting
server has been changed.

Now before I fire of yet another missive to my hosting company (3 others
being caused by the change of server & not being informed about it & the IP
hasn't been propagated, yes they had sent me a mail after the fact which I
couldn't receive as I couldn't connect to said server) is there anything
which may cause such a restriction at this end which I am unaware off.

ISPs are cranking down the maximum number of recipients per email these
days - in a bid to try to combat spam being sent by their cutomers (either
intentionally or indirectly from a compromosed PC) It's futile IMO, but
there you go. Imposing restrictions that the spammers can trivially work
round rather than educating their users....

The solution for you is to only include 10 email addresses at a time -
obviously not workable if you have 100 others in the list...

So why not setup a mailling list or a group on one of the social
networking sites to help you send these emails?

Maybe your hosting server can run the list for you, or you can run it
yourself from a hosted service...

Gordon
Old November 9th 08, 09:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"Gordon Henderson" wrote in message
In article ,
Kráftéé wrote:
[...]

I regularly send such emails to a group of old comrades - 70-pus and
growing.
They all get through.
I'm with Plusnet

George

Old November 9th 08, 11:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

Kráftéé wrote:
[...]

That should have read plus, not pus - but thinking about it, I'm not so
sure...
;-)

George

Old November 9th 08, 11:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 20:38:53 UTC, "George Weston"
wrote:

I regularly send such emails to a group of old comrades - 70-pus and
growing.
They all get through.
I'm with Plusnet

I just use my own mail server!

--
Bob Eager
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:

Old November 9th 08, 11:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

Kráftéé wrote:
[...]

Plusnet also have (or did have) a list server for when the group gets
too large.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old November 10th 08, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

I regularly send such emails to a group of old comrades - 70-pus and
growing.
They all get through.
I'm with Plusnet

I just use my own mail server!

I tried that, and got bounced by many recipients: ones own mail server
often exists inside 'black holed' IP address domains, for the same reasons.
Old November 10th 08, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

wrote:

I regularly send such emails to a group of old comrades - 70-pus and
growing.
They all get through.
I'm with Plusnet

I just use my own mail server!

I tried that, and got bounced by many recipients: ones own mail server
often exists inside 'black holed' IP address domains, for the same reasons.

That depends on your ISP, and how the IP range is classified...!

Old November 10th 08, 02:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
TheOldFellow

wrote:

I regularly send such emails to a group of old comrades - 70-pus and
growing.
They all get through.
I'm with Plusnet

I just use my own mail server!

I tried that, and got bounced by many recipients: ones own mail server
often exists inside 'black holed' IP address domains, for the same reasons.

If your mails look like they are coming from a DHCP-assigned address
this happens quite a lot. What I do is to set up my mail server
(xmailserver.org, mine is a linux box, but a Windows version exists) to
send via a SmartHost which is, in fact, my ISP's smtp server. It's my
server that is doing the conversion from one message to many, so the
ISP's smtp server just sees single addressed messages. The remote
end's mailserver sees the mail forwarded from a trusted source.