Demon ADSL fault?

Old November 12th 08, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Default Demon ADSL fault?

I have 4 clients in the south Norfolk area, none of whom have ADSL as of
about 20:10 this evening (12 November). Anybody else see this?

--
Graham J

Old November 12th 08, 09:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Graham J wrote:
I have 4 clients in the south Norfolk area, none of whom have ADSL as of
about 20:10 this evening (12 November). Anybody else see this?

I had the same problem, went off just after 20:00 but came back about
half an hour later. I'm in noth Essex.
Old November 12th 08, 09:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Steve wrote:
Graham J wrote:
I have 4 clients in the south Norfolk area, none of whom have ADSL as
of about 20:10 this evening (12 November). Anybody else see this?

I had the same problem, went off just after 20:00 but came back about
half an hour later. I'm in noth Essex.

Or even North Essex, doh!
Old November 12th 08, 10:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bolt

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008, Steve wrote:-

Steve wrote:

I had the same problem, went off just after 20:00 but came back
about half an hour later. I'm in noth Essex.

Or even North Essex, doh!

Similar here in West Yorkshire. The connection disappeared somewhere
around 20:05, although I didn't notice until just after 20:15. After a
several forced disconnects and reconnects, each resulting in a different
BT IP address, the came back up again at 20:23.

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: http://www.distributed.net/ OGR-NG @ ~100Mnodes RC5-72 @ ~1Mkeys/s
SUSE 10.1 32 | | openSUSE 10.3 32b | openSUSE 11.0 32b
| openSUSE 10.2 64b | openSUSE 10.3 64b | openSUSE 11.0 64b
RISC OS 3.6 | TOS 4.02 | openSUSE 10.3 PPC | RISC OS 3.11
Old November 12th 08, 10:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

"Steve" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
Graham J wrote:
I have 4 clients in the south Norfolk area, none of whom have ADSL as of
about 20:10 this evening (12 November). Anybody else see this?

I had the same problem, went off just after 20:00 but came back about
half an hour later. I'm in noth Essex.

Or even North Essex, doh!

Yes, logs show these coming back at varying times between 20:30 and 22:00

Typically, the Demon status page shows:

21:44 Nov 12 Some Broadband customers may currently be unable to connect.
Engineers are investigating.

You would have thought they would have logged the problem earlier than that
....!

--
Graham J

Old November 13th 08, 09:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rex M F Smith

In message , Graham J
writes
I have 4 clients in the south Norfolk area, none of whom have ADSL as of
about 20:10 this evening (12 November). Anybody else see this?

usenet group demon.service has more on this ...

Link to google if you don't have local access via nntp
http://groups.google.com/group/demon...4e7ececc4f11a#
--
Rex M F Smith