WAP Recommendation

Old November 15th 08, 01:09 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.home-networking
Jeff Gaines

Default WAP Recommendation

I have a Netgear WN802T which is about to be replaced under warranty for
the second time. It was purchased in Feb 2007, replaced in Sept 2007 and
has now packed up again. I suspect I bought it based on a Magazine review
but can't remember.

I am using a Devolo homeplug WAP as a substitute but it won't reach the
parts that the Netgear kit reached.

So, not sure whether to buy another Devolo WAP (around 87 at Amazon) or
get a 'proper' WAP (probably cheaper). It will be on 24/7/365 so
robustness is more important than speed as it is only used for
browsing/email/news and remote desktop.

Any recommendations for a WAP that will last a bit longer than the Netgear?

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK
There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home.
Old November 15th 08, 02:12 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.home-networking
BigH2K

"Jeff Gaines" wrote in message

[...]

Very surprised you've had a problem with Netgear stuff as I've used it many
many times for networks. I bought eight Prosafe 302 WAPs for the school I'm
currently at and they haven't missed a beat since switch on July 2007
24/7/365. They were around 130 when I bought them but now are available
below the 100 mark. Well worth the price for an industrial solution IMO and
built quality is virtually indestructible, POE as well so you can stick one
at the top of the garden too