Help needed with Netgear and BT Home hub

Old November 16th 08, 10:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Sandall

Default Help needed with Netgear and BT Home hub

I am trying to connect my pc wirelessly with my bt home hub to free up
one of the ethernet connections to use a video phone.

I am using a Netgear WG111v2 wireless adaptor.

The adaptor seems to work - has found 3 networks including mine and the
signal strength is very good, but I can't use the internet. Oddly, I
can if I use one of the other networks in the vicinity - I only know
this because Netgear connected to another one automatically.

Can anyone help with this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Colin

--
Colin Sandall
Old November 16th 08, 02:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Sandall

Colin Sandall;176562 Wrote:
I am trying to connect my pc wirelessly with my bt home hub to free up
one of the ethernet connections to use a video phone.

I am using a Netgear WG111v2 wireless adaptor.

The adaptor seems to work - has found 3 networks including mine and the
signal strength is very good, but I can't use the internet. Oddly, I
can if I use one of the other networks in the vicinity - I only know
this because Netgear connected to another one automatically.

Can anyone help with this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Colin

Update: I've sorted it. Don't know how but it's now working - after I
installed the latest version of BT Broadband help.

Regards.

Colin

--
Colin Sandall
Old November 16th 08, 03:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joan Archer

Have you let it through your firewall ?

--
Joan Archer
http://www.freewebs.com/crossstitcher

Old November 16th 08, 04:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yellow

Colin Sandall ] said:

I am trying to connect my pc wirelessly with my bt home hub to free up
one of the ethernet connections to use a video phone.

I am using a Netgear WG111v2 wireless adaptor.

The adaptor seems to work - has found 3 networks including mine and the
signal strength is very good, but I can't use the internet. Oddly, I
can if I use one of the other networks in the vicinity - I only know
this because Netgear connected to another one automatically.

Can anyone help with this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Colin

As you can connect to a security free network I'd try turning the
security off at the router to see if it would then connect. If yes, then
turn the security back on at the router and correct the settings at the
WG111v2 software.
Old November 17th 08, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Sandall

Yellow;176587 Wrote:
Colin Sandall ] said:-

[...]

Thanks for your reply Joan. I have now got it working but I'm not
exactly sure what it was that I did. Anyway, all's well that ends
well.

Regards.

Colin

--
Colin Sandall
Old November 18th 08, 01:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Joan Archer

Glad to hear you have it working now Colin, even if you don't know how g
thanks for getting back to us.