Problem with Sipgate X-Lite

Old November 17th 08, 12:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Over the hill

Default Problem with Sipgate X-Lite

I have just installed sipgate x-lite on my laptop in vista. Set up seems
fine, I have not any credit yet but when I dial the number from landline pc
rings and answers, On the landline I am unable to hear myself talking from
the pc however I hear myself on pc when I talk on the landline. Both the
speech bar and the Receive bars, (red and green go up on the pc, so when I
speak into the pc mike the audio level shows as active but not received on
the landline. I have checked all the settings and am now at a loss of where
to try next. I use xlite on my other pc with a different number and xp no
bother. ?. Any ideas please.

Old November 17th 08, 04:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

In ,
Over the hill typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
: I have just installed sipgate x-lite on my laptop in vista. Set up
: seems fine, I have not any credit yet but when I dial the number from
: landline pc rings and answers, On the landline I am unable to hear
: myself talking from the pc however I hear myself on pc when I talk on
: the landline. Both the speech bar and the Receive bars, (red and
: green go up on the pc, so when I speak into the pc mike the audio
: level shows as active but not received on the landline. I have
: checked all the settings and am now at a loss of where to try next. I
: use xlite on my other pc with a different number and xp no bother. ?.
: Any ideas please.

One way audio is usually indicative of NAT/port forwarding problems.
Cross-posted to uk.telecom.voip for more info, please address all
followups there.

Ivor