BT2700HGV

Old November 18th 08, 11:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

Default BT2700HGV

The manual says "Remote management and provisioning via SSL connection from
BT's Remote Management Platform (RMS) (DSL Forum TR-069)". Is there any way
I can use this so I can have remote managment?

Also, I can open a "pinhole" (their term) through the firewall (for example
for VNC) but I can see no way to secure this by specifying the IP address of
the VNC viewer. One can only specify the port and target PC, not the
source IP. Has anybody achieved this?

TIA

--
Graham J

Old November 21st 08, 09:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On 18 Nov, 23:01, "Graham J" wrote:
The manual says "Remote management and provisioning via SSL connection from
BT's Remote Management Platform (RMS) (DSL Forum TR-069)". *Is there any way
I can use this so I can have remote managment?

You aren't going to be able to utilise this I'm afraid, the RMS
platform is used for BT only to manage these routers not to give
individual users remote management.

Also, I can open a "pinhole" (their term) through the firewall (for example
for VNC) but I can see no way to secure this by specifying the IP address of
the VNC viewer. *One can only specify the port and target PC, not *the
source IP. *Has anybody achieved this?

Again you can't do this with the BT firmware firewalling on the 2 wire
at the moment. But you should be able to do this easily enough on any
other device using its own firewalling software. And if you already
have VNC running you can use that to view the 2 wire remotely.

Kind Regards

Willie