ALL Sky broadband packages going up by 5 per month

Old November 21st 08, 01:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
slider

Default ALL Sky broadband packages going up by 5 per month

unless you have Sky Talk - sneaky.

What is the benefit of Sky Talk. I currently get free evening and weekend
calls with BT, looks like Sky Talk also offer this. What additional benefit
is there?

Old November 21st 08, 01:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Slider wrote:

unless you have Sky Talk - sneaky.

What is the benefit of Sky Talk. I currently get free evening and weekend
calls with BT, looks like Sky Talk also offer this. What additional benefit
is there?

None it would appear.

Graham

Old November 21st 08, 01:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Brian McIlwrath

Slider wrote:
: What is the benefit of Sky Talk. I currently get free evening and weekend
: calls with BT, looks like Sky Talk also offer this. What additional benefit
: is there?

Benefit to whom??

To Sky - they get some more money from any non-inclusive calls. These are at
very similar rates to BT - *except* that 0845 and 0870 are quite a lot more!

To you - You will save 5/month on Sky Broadband (for a similar product to
what you now have!)

Old November 21st 08, 03:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
naza

On 21 Nov, 13:01, "Slider" wrote:
unless you have Sky Talk - sneaky.

What is the benefit of Sky Talk. *I currently get free evening and weekend
calls with BT, looks like Sky Talk also offer this. *What additional benefit
is there?

Nothing to you really except for high phone bills. Most of the Sky BB
users are looking to move to O2 BB. Maybe you consider this to, unless
you actually do make some calls during the daytime to landlines I cant
see how this would help. The price change is not until March 2009, but
people who have signed up to sky in the last 6 months are exempt from
the change until 2010.
Old November 21st 08, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 13:01:22 -0000, "Slider" wrote:

What is the benefit of Sky Talk. I currently get free evening and weekend
calls with BT, looks like Sky Talk also offer this. What additional benefit
is there?

Very little, hence the 5/month increase to persuade you to take it.
0845/0870 calls on skytalk are many times the price of BT too.
Old November 21st 08, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 16:21:18 +0000 (UTC), Brian McIlwrath

But they are the only ones (AFAIR) which cost more. Mobiles are cheaper
than BT!

For many people there is very little in it!

Only if you pay BT standard prices. The BT evening and weekend plan
comes with inclusive mobile saver at the moment, all mobiles 7.5p/min
all day. And with BT I get the choice to use other operators, like
18185 to get cheaper calls (mobiles 6p/min), can't do that with Sky
Talk any more.
Old November 21st 08, 07:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
naza

And with BT I get the choice to use other operators, like
18185 to get cheaper calls (mobiles 6p/min), can't do that with Sky
Talk any more.

That is very good. I never knew that such services exist. Is there
anymore providers like this?