Digital Spy won't load on Orange!!!

Old November 22nd 08, 10:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Rogers

Default Digital Spy won't load on Orange!!!

Is there something wrong with the digital spy website at the moment.
(www.digitalspy.co.uk)

I cannot access it on both my home computers (wireless connection to Orange
livebox)

However, I can access it via GPRS on my mobile phone using Opera Mini.

I thought I had done something to my laptop but when I tried to access the
digital spy website via my desktop and it would not load either!!

What's going on and is anyone else having probs?

Tim

Old November 22nd 08, 10:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Tim Rogers wrote:
Is there something wrong with the digital spy website at the moment.
(www.digitalspy.co.uk)

I cannot access it on both my home computers (wireless connection to Orange
livebox)

However, I can access it via GPRS on my mobile phone using Opera Mini.

I thought I had done something to my laptop but when I tried to access the
digital spy website via my desktop and it would not load either!!

What's going on and is anyone else having probs?

There's a note about it on Digital Spy itself:-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/a...php?f=13&a=296

--
Mark
Old November 22nd 08, 10:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
J G Miller

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 22:47:39 +0000, Mark Carver wrote:

Tim Rogers wrote:
Is there something wrong with the digital spy website at the moment.
(www.digitalspy.co.uk)

I cannot access it on both my home computers (wireless connection to
Orange livebox)

However, I can access it via GPRS on my mobile phone using Opera Mini.

I thought I had done something to my laptop but when I tried to access
the digital spy website via my desktop and it would not load either!!

What's going on and is anyone else having probs?

There's a note about it on Digital Spy itself:-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/a...php?f=13&a=296

So Tim is going to have to read it on his mobile phone?

Or ...

QUOTE

Update Saturday - it now looks like this is a routing issue on the Orange
Broadband Network please complain to your ISP if you know someone having
a problem with this issue. This is unfortunately out of our control but
we are complaining as well on your behalf.

UNQUOTE
Old November 22nd 08, 11:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

"Tim Rogers" wrote in message
Is there something wrong with the digital spy website at the moment.
(www.digitalspy.co.uk)

I cannot access it on both my home computers (wireless connection to
Orange livebox)

However, I can access it via GPRS on my mobile phone using Opera Mini.

I thought I had done something to my laptop but when I tried to access the
digital spy website via my desktop and it would not load either!!

What's going on and is anyone else having probs?

Tim

Ivor Jones over on uk.telecom.voip has an issue where he is unable to
use the Gradwell VoIP service, or view the Gradwell website via Orange
He hasn't got the Orange helpdesk droids to even comprehend the problem,
let alone elicit a solution.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old November 23rd 08, 03:48 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Tim Rogers wrote:

Is there something wrong with the digital spy website at the moment.
(www.digitalspy.co.uk)

Loads fine here.

But if you do insist on using a CRAP isp, what do you expect ?

Graham

Old November 23rd 08, 03:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Mark Carver wrote:

Tim Rogers wrote:

What's going on and is anyone else having probs?

There's a note about it on Digital Spy itself:-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/a...php?f=13&a=296

We suspect this is a Routing or DNS issue as it is only affecting customers of
certain ISPs.

SURPRISE !

Of course you could do what I do and setup alternate DNS servers such as openDNS
as a fall-back

Graham

Old November 23rd 08, 08:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Rogers

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Tim Rogers wrote:

Is there something wrong with the digital spy website at the moment.
(www.digitalspy.co.uk)

Loads fine here.

But if you do insist on using a CRAP isp, what do you expect ?

Graham

I am starting to come round to your way of thinking to be honest and may be
moving to another one.

Anyone got anything bad to say about Sky? (Opens can of worms!)

Tim

Old November 23rd 08, 09:49 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Tim Rogers wrote:

Anyone got anything bad to say about Sky? (Opens can of worms!)

Can be a trauma to get set up and working, but once it is working it's good
AIUI. However, be aware that if and when you do have a problem the CS staff
don't know the difference between an IP address and an email address.

Good ISPs cost money, I think Zen are probably reckoned to be one of the best ?

--
Mark
Old November 23rd 08, 10:34 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Mark Carver wrote:

Tim Rogers wrote:

Anyone got anything bad to say about Sky? (Opens can of worms!)

Can be a trauma to get set up and working, but once it is working it's good
AIUI. However, be aware that if and when you do have a problem the CS staff
don't know the difference between an IP address and an email address.

Good ISPs cost money, I think Zen are probably reckoned to be one of the best ?

Not any more. IDNet surpassed them ages back. At the same or less money. And their
techs really know their stuff, something I've heard less well of w.r.t. Zen.

Graham

Old November 23rd 08, 10:35 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Tim Rogers wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Tim Rogers wrote:

Is there something wrong with the digital spy website at the moment.
(www.digitalspy.co.uk)

Loads fine here.

But if you do insist on using a CRAP isp, what do you expect ?

I am starting to come round to your way of thinking to be honest and may be
moving to another one.

Anyone got anything bad to say about Sky? (Opens can of worms!)

Seem to be OK but don't you have to take their TV too ?

What are your requirements like monthly downloads in GB ? And when do you use
the net most ?

Graham