Sky router probs

Old November 23rd 08, 03:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

Default Sky router probs

Hi
Has anyone got their Sky router replaced?
My Sagem was great when I got it, desktop connected directly & two
laptops wirelessly in adjacent rooms all on line.

Now the laptops are loosing connections or can't get connected even in
the same room as the desktop

Nothing physical has changed &the router is still in the same position

I'd rather have a Netgear
--
Martin
©¿©¬
Old November 23rd 08, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cork Soaker

Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote:
Hi
Has anyone got their Sky router replaced?
My Sagem was great when I got it, desktop connected directly & two
laptops wirelessly in adjacent rooms all on line.

Now the laptops are loosing connections or can't get connected even in
the same room as the desktop

Nothing physical has changed &the router is still in the same position

I'd rather have a Netgear

Have you tried turning everything off and back on?
Old November 23rd 08, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
naza

I'd rather have a Netgear

I don't think there is any chance of that now. I think sky are now
simply using the newest one which was the Sagem. I had a router
replaced recently and it was the Sagem. I terms of wireless
performance there was no difference between the DG834GT and Sagem
wireless.
Old November 23rd 08, 07:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote in message
Hi
Has anyone got their Sky router replaced?
My Sagem was great when I got it, desktop connected directly & two
laptops wirelessly in adjacent rooms all on line.

Now the laptops are loosing connections or can't get connected even in
the same room as the desktop

Nothing physical has changed &the router is still in the same position

I'd rather have a Netgear
--
Martin
©¿©¬

2.4Ghz interference?
Have you surveyed for neighbouring AP's?
Have you tried other channels?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old November 24th 08, 08:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kráftéé

Graham. wrote:
Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote in message
Hi
Has anyone got their Sky router replaced?
My Sagem was great when I got it, desktop connected directly & two
laptops wirelessly in adjacent rooms all on line.

Now the laptops are loosing connections or can't get connected even
in the same room as the desktop

Nothing physical has changed &the router is still in the same
position I'd rather have a Netgear
--
Martin
©¿©¬

2.4Ghz interference?
Have you surveyed for neighbouring AP's?
Have you tried other channels?

If all else fails you could turn the wifi off & buy a dedicated WAP
(to the OP of course)

Old November 25th 08, 05:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 20:54:59 -0000, "Kráftéé"
wrote:

If all else fails you could turn the wifi off & buy a dedicated WAP
(to the OP of course)

What's a dedicated WAP?
Old November 25th 08, 05:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 19:11:52 -0000, "Graham." wrote:

2.4Ghz interference?
Have you surveyed for neighbouring AP's?
Have you tried other channels?

How do I try other channels?
--
Martin
©¿©¬
Old November 25th 08, 07:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
naza

wrote:
If all else fails you could turn the wifi off & buy a dedicated WAP
(to the OP of course)

What's a dedicated WAP?

Basically a Wireless Access point, so does not have any of the
features like an ADSL modem built in.
Old December 1st 08, 07:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Flying Rat

In article , Martin ©¿©¬
@nohere.net says...
On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 19:11:52 -0000, "Graham." wrote:

2.4Ghz interference?
Have you surveyed for neighbouring AP's?
Have you tried other channels?

How do I try other channels?

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/tutorials/sagem_fast_2504
_how_to_change_the_wireless_channel.html

FR
Old December 12th 08, 06:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net

On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 07:54:12 -0000, Flying Rat wrote:

In article , Martin ©¿©¬
says...
On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 19:11:52 -0000, "Graham." wrote:

2.4Ghz interference?
Have you surveyed for neighbouring AP's?
Have you tried other channels?

How do I try other channels?

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/tutorials/s...channel .html

Thanks FR
I changed to channel 11 & upgraded the FW
Will have to wait & see if it makes a difference
--
Martin
©¿©¬