Test on my router menu

Old November 27th 08, 11:48 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

Default Test on my router menu

The test menu in my router gives these results.

Testing Connectivity to modem
Testing Ethernet LAN connection PASS
Testing ADSL Connection
Testing ADSL Synchronization PASS
Testing Network Connection
Testing ATM OAM segment ping FAIL
Testing ATM OAM end to end ping FAIL
Testing Internet Connectivity
Ping Primary Domain Names Server PASS

The 2 ATM OAM tests in simple terms what are they does it matter they say
fail?

If they do matter any thing I can do?

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Old November 27th 08, 01:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

David wrote:
The test menu in my router gives these results.

Testing Connectivity to modem
Testing Ethernet LAN connection PASS
Testing ADSL Connection
Testing ADSL Synchronization PASS
Testing Network Connection
Testing ATM OAM segment ping FAIL
Testing ATM OAM end to end ping FAIL
Testing Internet Connectivity
Ping Primary Domain Names Server PASS

The 2 ATM OAM tests in simple terms what are they does it matter they
say fail?

Well these tests test the BT ATM connectivity to your ISP.

They should pass. On my router the end to end alwys pases, but te
segments often fail if I dont specify other stuff..I forget waht it is.

I found it useful when I got a rotten connection, due to failures in
BT's ATM network.

But it looks like your router isn't making much sense of them.

If they do matter any thing I can do?