I am after a Senior (fibre optics) Infrastructure Planner for the UK

Old December 2nd 08, 05:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default I am after a Senior (fibre optics) Infrastructure Planner for the UK

Senior Infrastructure Planner
Market Rate, London

A highly motivated individual who has the ability to think
innovatively, sometimes outside their immediate area of expertise.
Capable of working across departmental boundaries and able to use
their experience to make judgements on risk and costs of building
bespoke customer dark fibre networks that will be critical to winning
business.
Principal Accountabilities
 Leading the planning of complex fibre network infrastructure
proposals to address customer requirements, combining my client's
national backbone and access networks with other telecoms
infrastructure operator networks.
 Establish relationships with other UK fibre network owners to source
dark fibre and duct.
 Ensure that Framework agreements and orders for dark fibre or ducts
are negotiated effectively and completed on time.
 Maintaining records of all leased fibre/duct supplier agreements and
orders and processing all renewals.
 Production of supporting material to assist sales and project teams
in producing high quality bid proposals for timely and cost effective
delivery.
 Assessing proposed schemes, using own knowledge and analytical
techniques to make judgements on costs and associated risks of
implementing fibre network infrastructure plans.
 Provision of advice and guidance to commercial and project teams on
the characteristics and specifications of optical fibre used to meet
customer requirements.
Other Responsibilities
 Assessing options for Capital Expenditure to extend my client's
network and production of relevant data for inclusion in business
cases.
 Supporting work to specify and implement new systems and processes
for fibre allocation, asset management and record keeping systems.
 Updating and implementing planning processes and standards to be
used across the company.
Essential Skills/Experience
 5 years plus experience working in telecommunications, preferably in
an infrastructure planning capacity.
 Knowledge of major UK telecoms operators' networks.
 Stature and credibility to be able to present cases to Executive
team.
 Ability to work in a busy engineering team interacting with bid
teams, engineers, and sales directors on challenging timescale bids.
Desirable Skills/Experience
 Good knowledge and understanding of industry standard fibre optic
specifications and capabilities, including aspects such as attenuation
figures, splice losses, latency etc.
 High level of numeracy, with some knowledge of business financial
processes.
 Highly IT literate, preferably with GIS and analytical tools
experience.

If you have the above experience then please register your interest in
this exciting opportunity by contacting Micky Mollallegn on +44 (0)
1932 562 900,
Old December 3rd 08, 04:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo.

wrote in message
Senior Infrastructure Planner
Market Rate, London

LOL !! You obviously know sod all about the industry, especially given that
you think spamming a NG will find you the perfect candidate.

Old December 3rd 08, 11:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

Senior Infrastructure Planner
Market Rate, London

LOL !! You obviously know sod all about the industry, especially given
that you think spamming a NG will find you the perfect candidate.

Looks like he posted his primary buisness email on Usenet too.
Google Groups, what do you expect?
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%