Xrio Announce Worlds First Multi-Port, Integrated ADSL Bonding Appliance

Old December 12th 08, 10:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
xrio

Default Xrio Announce Worlds First Multi-Port, Integrated ADSL Bonding Appliance

I've tried contacting the forum admins asking for permission to post
here but theyve all blocked pm and email So here goes.

***Official Press Release***

Xrio Announce Worlds First Multi-Port, Integrated ADSL Bonding
Appliance

New product range features integrated 2 and 4 port ADSL interfaces,
reducing power, space and administration overheads for IT Managers.

Leeds, UK, December 10th, 2008 - Xrio Ltd, UK based manufacturer of
world leading Internet bonding and load balancing solutions, today
announced it has expanded its Link Aggregation technologies with the
new UBM 200i and UBM 400i unified bandwidth management appliances. A
first in the market, both the UBM 200i and UBM 400i represent an
evolution of Xrio's classic UBM 200 and UBM 400 appliances with the
addition of integrated 2 port ADSL router/modem in the UBM 200i and 4
port ADSL modem in the UBM 400i supporting ADSL1, ADSL2, ADSL2+ and
Annex M.

This leap in technology serves to contribute to power savings with
integrated devices consuming less energy and reduce the amount of
cabling and 3rd party devices required to traditionally perform link
bonding and load balancing tasks. In addition with an integrated
appliance, less administration is required and support overheads will
be reduced as the need for 3rd party ADSL modems is negated.

Xrios ADSL Bonding and Load Balancing technologies are revolutionary in
the market and will shape the way in which businesses deploy link
aggregation devices in the future.

"The ever increasing demand for bandwidth coupled with the lack of
contemporary telecoms infrastructure within the UK has left many IT
executives with few alternatives to costly leased lines. In addition
the drive for greener solutions, diminished service provision in rural
areas and the global economic slow-down is putting pressure on
organisations to source new technologies in an effort to improve
efficiency and quality of service whilst reducing overheads." said
Danny Waite, CTO and head of Research and Development. "Integrated ADSL
bonding and Link Aggregation solutions like Xrio's UBM 400i provide an
effective and efficient way to tackle the issues of stable optimised
bandwidth provision whilst helping to reduce carbon emissions, costs
and network complexity."

The UBM 200i with all the routing capabilities of a 2 port standard
router but with all the functionality of intelligent load balancing
makes this entry level appliance an all in one solution for traffic
management and failover.

The QoS enabled UBM 400i this 4 port appliance allows aggregation of up
to 4 separate circuits using any technology and any ISP, allowing total
freedom to optimise your bandwidth and reliability.

Deployment benefits of the new UBM 200i and UBM 400i solutions
include:

Reduce Costs and Improve Resilience

By replacing costly leased lines with low cost UBM bonded DSL
connections businesses can reduce their overheads and manage their
traffic efficiently. Extended UBM functionality also provides improved
connection reliability and resilience with its failover configuration,
high availability, ISP independence and ability to bond multiple
connection types including 21CN, 3G and WIMAX adding to the overall
business continuity strategy.

Optimise and Scale Bandwidth Provision

UBM gives customers the ability to implement bandwidth management
policies, enabling them to tailor and scale bandwidth usage and
availability to meet business needs. The UBM range supports an
unlimited number of users and between 2 and 64 links, offers the
best-in-class scalability and performance and enables enterprise data
centres to roll out next-generation network infrastructures.

"The UBMi range is an outstanding achievement by the Xrio team as we
launch the worlds 1st multiport ADSL router and integrate it into our
leading UBM range. This launch evidences Xrio’s commitment to
continually provide customers with the market's most advanced
integrated bonding and link balancing appliance with all the
functionalities to provide organisations with the necessary tools to
optimise their network. For such an advanced and feature rich appliance
the new UBMi has proven to remove the general complexities of
installation thus ensuring quick and simple deployment, whilst also
maintaining a flexible, adaptable, highly cost-efficient overall
solution," said Shelley Garbutt-Wilson, Director of Sales at Xrio. "
With over 18 months in development and a further 6 months in testing
the UBMi is the next generation of network appliance, combining routing
capabilities, link balancing, bonding, traffic prioritisation and QoS in
one easy to use appliance. Many businesses will know our classic UBM
range as it is an established well respected product deployed in the
market today and it will remain well positioned in our portfolio, the
launch of our UBMi range will only strengthen our position further in
the market to become the brand of choice for link balancing and bonding
appliances” She continues, "Xrio's UBM 400i and Virtualised platform
VBond provide an effective and efficient way to tackle the issues of
stable bandwidth provision whilst helping to reduce carbon emissions,
costs and network complexity,"

The UBM 200i and UBM 400i are expected to retail for £699 and £1199
respectively with the original UBM 200 and UBM 400 configurations being
still available under the monika 'Classic' and reduced in price to £599
and £999.

For more information on Xrio’s connection bonding solutions, please
visit www.xrio.com.

Availability

Both the UBM 200i and UBM 400i will be available as of the 5th January
2009.

About Xrio Ltd

Xrio, pronounced "x, rio", is the global leader in ADSL Bonding and
Link Aggregation products. Xrio provides solutions that make Internet,
WAN and VPN access fast and reliable for everyone. By adding
intelligence and flexibility into the network to optimise inbound and
outbound bandwidth usage, Xrio extends the power of intelligent link
usage to all levels of application delivery. Xrio's extensible platform
intelligently integrates bandwidth optimization, protects the
application and the network, and delivers connection reliability.
1000’s of organisations and service providers worldwide trust Xrio to
keep their businesses online and operating at peak bandwidth
efficiency. The company is headquartered in Leeds, West Yorkshire with
Distributors, Partners and Resellers worldwide. For more information,
go to www.xrio.com.

--
xrio
Old December 12th 08, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

"xrio" wrote in message

I've tried contacting the forum admins asking for permission to post
here but theyve all blocked pm and email So here goes.

***Official Press Release***

Xrio Announce Worlds First Multi-Port, Integrated ADSL Bonding
Appliance

Does it treat the bonded connections as all having the same IP address?

How are packets shared between the separate ADSL circuits?

Given that you've posted here we expect an accurate and detailed response

Graham J

Old December 13th 08, 11:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

xrio wrote:

still available under the monika 'Classic'

^^^^^^
You what?!?

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
10:25:22 up 8 days, 12:38, 1 user, load average: 0.13, 0.08, 0.04

Old December 13th 08, 12:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Graham J wrote:

Given that you've posted here we expect an accurate and detailed response

Given that they've spammed here, then I suspect Xrio aren't at home to
messrs. Accurate and Detailed.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
11:08:35 up 8 days, 13:21, 1 user, load average: 0.03, 0.05, 0.00

Old December 13th 08, 12:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

alexd wrote:
xrio wrote:

still available under the monika 'Classic'

^^^^^^
You what?!?

Moniker.

Old December 13th 08, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham J

alexd wrote:
xrio wrote:

still available under the monika 'Classic'
^^^^^^
You what?!?

Moniker.

Monaco.

Monica
As in - "I did not have sex with that woman"

--
Graham

Old December 13th 08, 09:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

alexd wrote:
xrio wrote:

still available under the monika 'Classic'
^^^^^^
You what?!?

Moniker.
Monaco.

Monica
As in - "I did not have sex with that woman"

Mechano

Or maybe even Meccano?