Internet Explorer security alert

Old December 16th 08, 08:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

Default Internet Explorer security alert

Old December 17th 08, 02:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

Still no actual fix:

Old December 18th 08, 01:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gizmo.

"Java Jive" wrote in message
Still no actual fix:

Yes there is ...
Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari

Old December 18th 08, 02:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ivor Jones

In ,
Gizmo. typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:
: "Java Jive" wrote in message
: ...
: Still no actual fix:
:
: Yes there is ...
: Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari

No good when your company IT dept forces IE on you whether you want it or
not. Plus the company webmail system (so email can be accessed away from
the office) only works properly in IE.

Ivor

Old December 18th 08, 04:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

: Still no actual fix:
:
: Yes there is ...
: Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari

No good when your company IT dept forces IE on you whether you want it or
not. Plus the company webmail system (so email can be accessed away from
the office) only works properly in IE.

Microsoft posted a fix yesterday.

Peter Crosland

Old December 18th 08, 05:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

Not sure whether it was late y'day or in the early hours of this
morning, which was when I first noticed it available on this PC. I've
installed it now.

I mostly use FF3 anyway. My main use of IE6 is to ensure that my own
site looks reasonable on it. Unfortunately, I can't check IE7, which
is causing me increasing concern, so at the risk of side tracking the
thread, if anyone running IE7 cares to take a look around and pass
constructive comments, I'd be most grateful:
As the Satellite TV section is new, that's the most likely to throw up
problems, I'm most worried about the first two installation pages,
General Introduction and Calculator, and the layout of the
mathematical symbols on pages 3 & 4 of the analysis section (click on
Show Maths):
http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/Audi...telliteTV.html

Anyone care to help? TIA if so ...

Old December 18th 08, 06:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 13:52:52 -0000, Gizmo. wrote:

"Java Jive" wrote in message
Still no actual fix:

Yes there is ...
Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari

I'm using Opera 10 Alpha 1 and IE is blocked by the firewall - that's not
being allowed out!
--
Peter.
It's not rocket science, you know.
Old December 18th 08, 07:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ato_Zee

Still no actual fix:

Yes there is ...

Until next week, then yet another fix.
Old December 20th 08, 01:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Java Jive

I take it that's noone then. Disappointing, I really don't want to
obtain and install a Fisher Price version of Windows just to check out
what my site looks like in IE7.

One last appeal?

Anyone care to help? TIA if so ...

Old December 20th 08, 01:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Burns

Java Jive wrote:

I take it that's noone then. Disappointing

FF3 here, Chrome as a sandbox for Google Apps, and IE6 only when
necessary, no IE7.