Sharing Internet connection with Bluetooth?

Old January 14th 09, 02:39 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default Sharing Internet connection with Bluetooth?

My PC is connected to the Internet via an ADSL modem. I'd like to be
able to share this Internet connection with one other device
(laptop). I know that I can buy an ADSL Router to do this. However,
the thought occurred to me that I might be able to do it with my
existing equipment plus some software.

I have a Bluetooth dongle on my PC, which I principally bought so that
I don't need a cable to connect my mobile. The question is can I
share my ADSL Internet connection using Bluetooth to link between my
PC and the laptop? Is there some software available that would enable
my existing modem to handle to simultaneous Internet connections.

Best regards,

Alex

Old January 16th 09, 04:24 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Quagmire

It's not rocket science, you know...
" wrote in message
My PC is connected to the Internet via an ADSL modem. I'd like to be
able to share this Internet connection with one other device
(laptop). I know that I can buy an ADSL Router to do this. However,
the thought occurred to me that I might be able to do it with my
existing equipment plus some software.

I have a Bluetooth dongle on my PC, which I principally bought so that
I don't need a cable to connect my mobile. The question is can I
share my ADSL Internet connection using Bluetooth to link between my
PC and the laptop? Is there some software available that would enable
my existing modem to handle to simultaneous Internet connections.

Best regards,

Alex

Get the two talking with Bluetooth (browse files ect) then just BRIDGE the
two networks...