lexmark 3600-4600 wireles and vista home edition

Old January 25th 09, 01:00 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default lexmark 3600-4600 wireles and vista home edition

I've just been trying to help the young, teenage daughter of a late
friend connect her new dell laptop, with vista home edition, to her
new lexmark wireless printer.

She had installed everything correctly as far as I could see and the
printer was on the network. I successfully installed all the software
onto my xp acer aspire laptop and everything performed as expected,
wirelessly.

She has had some other issues with the dell, it came pre installed
with mcaffee and she has uninstalled that and attempted to install
norton 360. The install hung during downloading update from symantec.

Windows firewall is off. She has full internet access. She has set up
both admin and user accounts.

The print queue fills up and the icon in control panel-printers shows
a green tick and the word error.

Just being able to set the printer up using usb would be handy for the
moment but I have trouble navigating around vista.

AJH