best provider for usa domestic calls

Old January 28th 09, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Atkin

Default best provider for usa domestic calls

Hi,

I run trixbox and have trunks with sipdisount, voiparound, smslisto (all
those betamax if i get it right), also go trunk on sipgate.co.uk but not
sure if their rates are the best.

Betamax services usually were aceptable but recently (I am in Boston, MA) I
started to get something like dial-up noise on recepient side so here comes
a question - is there anything else in the world like betamax service with
some free weekly minutes or is the one and only current sip termination
model de-facto like with SipGate.co.uk?

If there is no real alternative to Betamax services - what is the best and
cheapest sip termination provider for USA domestic calls?
I receive all inbounds via gizmoproject and quality is fine (I also have
outbound with gizmoproject as a backup to Betamax) so I need a solution for
outbound only.

Old January 28th 09, 06:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
Paul Atkin wrote:
Hi,

I run trixbox and have trunks with sipdisount, voiparound, smslisto (all
those betamax if i get it right), also go trunk on sipgate.co.uk but not
sure if their rates are the best.

Betamax services usually were aceptable but recently (I am in Boston, MA) I
started to get something like dial-up noise on recepient side so here comes
a question - is there anything else in the world like betamax service with
some free weekly minutes or is the one and only current sip termination
model de-facto like with SipGate.co.uk?

If there is no real alternative to Betamax services - what is the best and
cheapest sip termination provider for USA domestic calls?
I receive all inbounds via gizmoproject and quality is fine (I also have
outbound with gizmoproject as a backup to Betamax) so I need a solution for
outbound only.

Maybe I'm missing something, but if you're in MA, why not use a local
provider rather than a European one?

Gordon
Old January 28th 09, 06:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Paul Atkin presented the following explanation :
Hi,

I run trixbox

Oh well.

and have trunks with sipdisount, voiparound, smslisto (all
those betamax if i get it right), also go trunk on sipgate.co.uk but not sure
if their rates are the best.

Betamax services usually were aceptable but recently (I am in Boston, MA) I
started to get something like dial-up noise on recepient side so here comes a
question - is there anything else in the world like betamax service with some
free weekly minutes or is the one and only current sip termination model
de-facto like with SipGate.co.uk?

If there is no real alternative to Betamax services - what is the best and
cheapest sip termination provider for USA domestic calls?
I receive all inbounds via gizmoproject and quality is fine (I also have
outbound with gizmoproject as a backup to Betamax) so I need a solution for
outbound only.

As Gordon asked, why not use a provider local to you?

You could do worse than have a poke around here
http://pbxinaflash.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Old January 28th 09, 07:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Atkin

"Gordon Henderson" wrote in message
In article ,
Paul Atkin wrote:
[...]

as i know there are no local companies here with betamax charging model.
that is why i was asking here hoping someone may know better.

Old January 30th 09, 11:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:37:50 -0500, "Paul Atkin"
wrote:

Hi,

I run trixbox and have trunks with sipdisount, voiparound, smslisto (all
those betamax if i get it right), also go trunk on sipgate.co.uk but not
sure if their rates are the best.

Betamax services usually were aceptable but recently (I am in Boston, MA) I
started to get something like dial-up noise on recepient side so here comes
a question - is there anything else in the world like betamax service with
some free weekly minutes or is the one and only current sip termination
model de-facto like with SipGate.co.uk?

If there is no real alternative to Betamax services - what is the best and
cheapest sip termination provider for USA domestic calls?
I receive all inbounds via gizmoproject and quality is fine (I also have
outbound with gizmoproject as a backup to Betamax) so I need a solution for
outbound only.

No free minutes, but Vyke offer calls to many countries including the
US for US$0.04 (2.1p) per call.