Wifi puzzle?

Old February 4th 09, 10:58 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Harry Bloomfield

Default Wifi puzzle?

The likes of Netstumbler and my connections own monitor show my signal
strength from my access point as quite strong and connected at full
speed - but that is never the entire story.

That just shows how well I am receiving the access point, not how well
the access point is receiving my PC's signal. Often I have a 54Mb
connection, a very strong signal reported at my PC, but next to no
actual data through put. Is there a way to interrogate an access point
to see how good my received signal is?

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)