Nokia 6300i

Old February 5th 09, 05:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R Chan

Default Nokia 6300i

I can only find it on the Sipgate online shop in the uk. The picture
on the sales page shows the phone with a sipgate splash screen. Does
anyone know if it actually comes with the sipgate logo and if so, can
I change it? Are there any other outlet apart from Sipgate? Even Nokia
Online shop doesn't have it.
Old February 5th 09, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Neil

"R Chan" wrote in message
I can only find it on the Sipgate online shop in the uk. The picture
on the sales page shows the phone with a sipgate splash screen. Does
anyone know if it actually comes with the sipgate logo and if so, can
I change it? Are there any other outlet apart from Sipgate? Even Nokia
Online shop doesn't have it.

I got mine from there a couple of months ago.
Don't worry, it's totally unbranded, no logo.

The only annoyance is there are only 2 VOIP providers available on the
setup - Sipgate and Gizmo5. I'm using Gizmo5 anyway, but I managed to add
VoipCheap by following instructions he
http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=136775

Regards,
Neil

Old February 6th 09, 06:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R Chan

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 20:56:04 -0000, "Neil"
wrote:

"R Chan" wrote in message
I can only find it on the Sipgate online shop in the uk. The picture
on the sales page shows the phone with a sipgate splash screen. Does
anyone know if it actually comes with the sipgate logo and if so, can
I change it? Are there any other outlet apart from Sipgate? Even Nokia
Online shop doesn't have it.

I got mine from there a couple of months ago.
Don't worry, it's totally unbranded, no logo.

The only annoyance is there are only 2 VOIP providers available on the
setup - Sipgate and Gizmo5. I'm using Gizmo5 anyway, but I managed to add
VoipCheap by following instructions he
http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=136775

Regards,
Neil

Thank you very much for your reply, much appreciated
Old February 6th 09, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Harry Broomhall

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 17:51:16 GMT,
(R Chan) wrote:

I can only find it on the Sipgate online shop in the uk. The picture
on the sales page shows the phone with a sipgate splash screen. Does
anyone know if it actually comes with the sipgate logo and if so, can
I change it? Are there any other outlet apart from Sipgate? Even Nokia
Online shop doesn't have it.

I also bought one of these from Sipgate, but I believe that Gradwell
sell it as well. Mine had no branding either.

I had no problems with getting it to use my Sipgate account. I have
a second account with our experimental labs, but as you can only have
one VoIP account active at a time I haven't bothered to go through the
hoops to get the lab account on the phone.

Nokia UK hasn't heard of this phone - I suspect the VoIP part
discourages the mobile networks from subsidising it so nobody stocks
it. I was told by one dealer that Orange promoted it briefly.

This has turned out to be the best phone I've had so far, the only
downside is the short battery life if it is allowed to keep a WiFi
connection going, but I can live with that!

Regards,
Harry.