4 languages firmware AnnexA+B for Fritzbox 7170

Old February 7th 09, 03:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
André Tuytschaver

Default 4 languages firmware AnnexA+B for Fritzbox 7170

A new non official firmware has been released for Fritzbox 7170.
You can choose for Annex A or B and between 4 languages: DE-EN-IT-ES.
Did anyone tried it and how does it work ?

http://www.mrfritz.co.cc/it/download...=showdown&id=2
Enjoy !

--
Cordialement,
________________

__o
_'\(,_
(_)/ (_)
Old February 11th 09, 03:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nigel

Hi Phillippe,

I have downloaded the file but what do I do now?

I have tried the update firmware within the fritzbox but that does not
recognise it as an update file?

thanks

Nigel

--

Winter and Summer holidays in the alps!!!
www.austrianfamilyholidays.co.uk

Web Cam view of garden
http://austriasnow.camstreams.com/

Nigels Music:-
http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/cgi-bin...=NigelFletcher

Old February 11th 09, 05:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
André Tuytschaver

Nigel a écrit :
Hi Phillippe,

I have downloaded the file but what do I do now?

I have tried the update firmware within the fritzbox but that does not
recognise it as an update file?

Go to advanced settings, firmware update and give the location of the
downloaded file in your computer, then follow the instructions on the
front panel of the FB (http://192.168.178.1/).
http://www.mrfritz.co.cc/it/download...=showdown&id=2

My experience:
I received this morning a used, branded german FB 7170 annexB, and made
an update with the downloaded firmware.
I was able to choose fto annexA or B and the language.
I wasn't able to use the saved settings of my old FB, sothat I had to do
it manually.
I now have a replacement FB in case of problems that cost only a third
of a new one.

My succesful experience is different of Philippe because I wanted it in
english and with AnnexA, while he tried to make it german and annexB,
without knowing if that's the reason of his problems.

--
Cordialement,
________________

__o
_'\(,_
(_)/ (_)
Old February 12th 09, 12:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

In om,
Bodincus typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:

[snip]

: Don't say you've not been warned when your bank account has been wiped
: clean, you have 20 credit cards in your name, 10 loans, a couple of
: mortgages and your life - and maybe that of all your family - is
: ruined. DON'T DO THIS! Restore the router to a firmware provided by
: reliable sources.

Seconded. This is the only reliable place to get AVM firmwa

ftp://ftp.avm.de/

Or use the link from the relevant page on your Fritz!Box.

Ivor

PS anyone got the inbuilt answering machine working on the 7170..? Doesn't
seem to work on mine, although I'm pleased to say they've finally listened
to me and updated the dial/ringing tones to UK standard..!

Old February 13th 09, 03:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

André Tuytschaver wrote:

An I should trust a shouting, paranoid druid ?

Classic.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
15:00:08 up 70 days, 17:12, 2 users, load average: 0.03, 0.11, 0.06

Old February 14th 09, 08:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

In ,
André Tuytschaver typed, for some strange,
unexplained reason:
: Philippe Deleye a écrit :

[snip]

: I am not that paranoid as Bodincus, but I must admit that I'm also
: a little suspicious
: However, the use of this Firmware converts te Box to a
: "international" version.
: This will allow you to use the english / annex A recovery tool form
: the avm website
:
ftp://ftp.avm.de/fritz.box/fritzbox....glish/annex_a/
: And then your FritzBox is back on the official avm english Firmware
:
: Are you shure ? I red it could brought back, because of his german
: Annex B origin, to international Annex B. By the way it is still
: possible to convert from annex B to annex A.
: Anyway I'll give it a try and tell you how things went.

Maybe I'm missing something, but aren't there hardware differences between
Annex A and B devices..?

Ivor

Old February 14th 09, 09:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
André Tuytschaver

: Philippe Deleye a écrit :

[...]

They have different filter circuits, but a software can make an Annex B
working on Annex A line. The contrary, from B to A, doesn't work.

--
Cordialement,
________________

__o
_'\(,_
(_)/ (_)
Old February 14th 09, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
André Tuytschaver

: Philippe Deleye a écrit :

[...]

working on Annex A line. The contrary, from A to B, doesn't work.

--
Cordialement,

__o
_'\(,_