Any VOIP Provider offering incoming Cyprus Numbers

Old February 7th 09, 04:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheDragon

Default Any VOIP Provider offering incoming Cyprus Numbers

Hi Group,
As per subject. Moving from Cyprus to Germany soon, and would love to keep
in touch with friends made here in sunny Cyprus. So would love to have a
Cyprus landline number linked to a VOIP connection.

I have goggled and come up with nothing. Sipgate dont offer it (Have UK
number with them already)

Any help appreciated, even if it cost a small fee.

Old February 7th 09, 07:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herbert J. Skuhra

"TheDragon" writes:

Hi Group,
As per subject. Moving from Cyprus to Germany soon, and would love to keep
in touch with friends made here in sunny Cyprus. So would love to have a
Cyprus landline number linked to a VOIP connection.

I have goggled and come up with nothing. Sipgate dont offer it (Have UK
number with them already)

Any help appreciated, even if it cost a small fee.

Maybe too expensive (10.34/month) for your usage, but voiptalk.org does:

http://www.voiptalk.org/products/Rest+of+World+Numbers

You can choose from the following cities: Larnaca, Limassol, Nicosia and
Paphos.

- Herbert

Old February 7th 09, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Koos van den Hout

TheDragon wrote in :
As per subject. Moving from Cyprus to Germany soon, and would love to keep
in touch with friends made here in sunny Cyprus. So would love to have a
Cyprus landline number linked to a VOIP connection.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/D...vice+Providers

shows Cyprus twice. Have a look at those.

I have no experience with any of the providers listed, but I know
voip-info.org is a very good source of information about voip.

Koos van den Hout

--
The Virtual Bookcase, the site about books, book | Koos van den Hout
news and reviews http://www.virtualbookcase.com/ | http://idefix.net/~koos/
Old February 7th 09, 09:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 18:53:33 +0200, "TheDragon"
wrote:

I have goggled and come up with nothing. Sipgate dont offer it (Have UK
number with them already)

Sipgate Don't offer any kind of reliable service.
Old February 8th 09, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
TheDragon

"Herbert J. Skuhra" wrote in message
"TheDragon" writes:

Hi Group,
As per subject. Moving from Cyprus to Germany soon, and would love to
keep
in touch with friends made here in sunny Cyprus. So would love to have a
Cyprus landline number linked to a VOIP connection.

I have goggled and come up with nothing. Sipgate dont offer it (Have UK
number with them already)

Any help appreciated, even if it cost a small fee.

Maybe too expensive (10.34/month) for your usage, but voiptalk.org does:

http://www.voiptalk.org/products/Rest+of+World+Numbers

You can choose from the following cities: Larnaca, Limassol, Nicosia and
Paphos.

- Herbert

Yes a little prices, just so a couple of friends can keep in touch. May have
to just do without.

Old February 8th 09, 04:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 00:16:02 -0000, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

In ,
typed, for some strange,
unexplained reason:
: On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 18:53:33 +0200, "TheDragon"
: wrote:
:
:
: I have goggled and come up with nothing. Sipgate dont offer it (Have
: UK number with them already)
: Sipgate Don't offer any kind of reliable service.

How would you know, Ron..? You're not a customer.

Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear you never fail to take the bate do you Ivor ?
you would not last so long if you where fish)))))))))))))))))))).
You made me very happy now I was starting to think you had used your
killfile )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))).
Old February 9th 09, 02:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Soruk

On 2009-02-07, TheDragon wrote:
Hi Group,
As per subject. Moving from Cyprus to Germany soon, and would love to keep
in touch with friends made here in sunny Cyprus. So would love to have a
Cyprus landline number linked to a VOIP connection.

I have goggled and come up with nothing. Sipgate dont offer it (Have UK
number with them already)

Any help appreciated, even if it cost a small fee.

While it doesn't give your own number, GizmoProject (gizmo5.com)
1-747-xxx-xxxx numbers have an iNUM mapping (inum.net), and iNUM have a
break-in number in Nicosia. Callers would have to then dial your
15-digit(!) iNUM number, which would then ring through to where your
Gizmo connection is.

If your Gizmo number is 1-747-123-4567, your iNUM is
883-510-071-234-567.

I had to use their client to create the account, but once done I could
register (using SIP server proxy01.sipphone.com) the connection to my
Asterisk machine.

This is all free, but has the downside of needing to dial that 15-digit
number into a break-in service.