problem getting asterisk behind NAT to run with sipproxd

Old February 9th 09, 06:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tamer Higazi

Default problem getting asterisk behind NAT to run with sipproxd

Hi people!
I have a problem getting asterisk 1.6.5 running behind an NAT. My topology:

Asterisk PBX (version 1.6.5): I have Asterisk behind a NAT (192.168.1.2)
SIP Phone: A client behind NAT (192.168.1.3)
Softphone: One other client somewhere in the internet (also behind an NAT).

they want to speak with each other, and if they do, there is no sound.

if softphone in the internet is no more behind a NAT router, it can hear
SIP Phone but SIP Phone is not able to hear Softphone.

siproxd is installed on the same machine where the asterisk PBX is
installed, and I don't know how to configure it properly as well how the
sip.conf of the asterisk PBX should have to look like.

For any support I would thank you gladly.

Tamer
Old February 9th 09, 09:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Bodincus

Tamer Higazi:
Hi people!
I have a problem getting asterisk 1.6.5 running behind an NAT. My topology:

Asterisk PBX (version 1.6.5): I have Asterisk behind a NAT (192.168.1.2)
SIP Phone: A client behind NAT (192.168.1.3)
Softphone: One other client somewhere in the internet (also behind an NAT).

they want to speak with each other, and if they do, there is no sound.

if softphone in the internet is no more behind a NAT router, it can hear
SIP Phone but SIP Phone is not able to hear Softphone.

siproxd is installed on the same machine where the asterisk PBX is
installed, and I don't know how to configure it properly as well how the
sip.conf of the asterisk PBX should have to look like.

For any support I would thank you gladly.

Tamer

This is the ABC of VoIP, so I only can recommend you to surf to
www.voip-info.org and absorb everything like a sponge before trying
anything else.
Not to discourage you, but a to obtain a properly functional VoIP PBX
setup you need a enormous wealth of experience in many different
branches of IT.
VOIP it's not Skype, you know...

--
dincs - The Y2K Druid
----------------------------
Old February 9th 09, 09:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Tamer Higazi was thinking very hard :
Hi people!
I have a problem getting asterisk 1.6.5 running behind an NAT. My topology:

Asterisk PBX (version 1.6.5): I have Asterisk behind a NAT (192.168.1.2)
SIP Phone: A client behind NAT (192.168.1.3)
Softphone: One other client somewhere in the internet (also behind an NAT).

they want to speak with each other, and if they do, there is no sound.

if softphone in the internet is no more behind a NAT router, it can hear
SIP Phone but SIP Phone is not able to hear Softphone.

siproxd is installed on the same machine where the asterisk PBX is
installed, and I don't know how to configure it properly as well how the
sip.conf of the asterisk PBX should have to look like.

For any support I would thank you gladly.

Tamer

Let's have a look at your sip.conf...?

Being a PBXinaFlash user, rather than straight Asterisk, I'm not
completely familiar with your file layout....

Anyway, it's important that Asterisk knows the public IP address it is
using.

I have the following entries in sip_custom.conf:
externhost=my.dyndns.hostname
externrefresh=120
localnet=192.168.3.0/255.255.255.0

I believe you can also specify externip=your.ip.address.

Also, what ports have you opened in the router that the ASterisk server
is connected to.

Test by forwarding ports 5060-5070 and 10000-20000 to your PBX.

Old February 10th 09, 01:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Theo Markettos

Tamer Higazi wrote:
siproxd is installed on the same machine where the asterisk PBX is
installed, and I don't know how to configure it properly as well how the
sip.conf of the asterisk PBX should have to look like.

I was briefly looking at this the other day... I thought sipproxd has to run
on the NAT gateway machine, not just any machine behind it?

Theo
Old February 11th 09, 10:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tamer Higazi

I got everything to run as I wanted to. Entirely happy!

How....

extensions.conf:

In the general part...

[general]
port=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
localnet=192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
externip=85.x.x.x (put the real ip behind your NAT there)
qualify=yes
nat=yes

and under each user account you add the following lines:

canreinvite=no
directrtpsetup=yes
nat=yes

"canreinvite=no" ensures that only one invite message is being sent and
"directrtpsetup=yes" makes asterisk act as a proxy, and makes is
possible that the clients through the RTP stream handle out their path
directly without the "asterisk-man-in-the-middle-player".

However. clients in the same network (as asterisk) should be configured
as nat=no, everybody else out of the network is: "nat=yes"

If you do that, everything runs like suggar!

Tamer