Sipgate voicemail

Old February 10th 09, 01:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
divoch

Default Sipgate voicemail

Back in 2005 Ivor Jones wrote:
"There is a free voicemail service also, this however is having the
irritating problem of lapsing into German every so often, but on the plus
side I'm learning a
new language (well at least as far as knowing if I have a new message or
not)"
I am now again re-visiting a possibility of getting VOIP account and so
wonder if these problems are still there or not?
As I have free unlimited calls from my mobile to UK geographic numbers all
I really need is a geographic number with reliable voicemail for incoming
calls from potential customers and free access to voicemail. It seems to me
that Sipgate should do the job, if it is reasonably reliable....

Thanks
divoch

Old February 10th 09, 04:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Davies

divoch wrote:
Back in 2005 Ivor Jones wrote:
| There is a free voicemail service also, this however is having the
| irritating problem of lapsing into German every so often [...]

I am now again re-visiting a possibility of getting VOIP account
and so wonder if these problems are still there or not?

Sipgate voicemail is now entirely in English (at least, as far as
I can tell). However, the words have been recorded by at least two
different speakers, one of whom sounds like they were recorded talking
in a bathroom.

Personally, I find Sipgate very reliable for incoming calls and
voicemail. I don't use it for many outgoing calls as smslisto is
considerably cheaper.

Chris
Old February 10th 09, 07:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

on 10/02/2009, Chris Davies supposed :
divoch wrote:
Back in 2005 Ivor Jones wrote:
There is a free voicemail service also, this however is having the
irritating problem of lapsing into German every so often [...]

I am now again re-visiting a possibility of getting VOIP account
and so wonder if these problems are still there or not?

Sipgate voicemail is now entirely in English (at least, as far as
I can tell). However, the words have been recorded by at least two
different speakers, one of whom sounds like they were recorded talking
in a bathroom.

Personally, I find Sipgate very reliable for incoming calls and
voicemail. I don't use it for many outgoing calls as smslisto is
considerably cheaper.

Chris

Would the caller hear the different voices? If not, it would be
suitable for the OP..

Old February 10th 09, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

In ,
Jono typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:

`[snip]

: Would the caller hear the different voices? If not, it would be
: suitable for the OP..

The caller would hear the message you record, unless you leave it at the
defaults. Can't recall offhand what that message is.

Ivor

Old February 10th 09, 10:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
In ,
Jono typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:

`[snip]

: Would the caller hear the different voices? If not, it would be
: suitable for the OP..

The caller would hear the message you record, unless you leave it at the
defaults. Can't recall offhand what that message is.

Ivor

The default voice is so bad (distorted) that customising it is
essential IMHO. I would want to personalise it anyway as
I do with my mobile phone VM, but judging by the absence
of a customised message on most VMs I encounter, I must
be in a minority on this.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old February 11th 09, 02:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul McGuinness

In message , Chris Davies
writes
divoch wrote:
Back in 2005 Ivor Jones wrote:
| There is a free voicemail service also, this however is having the
| irritating problem of lapsing into German every so often [...]

I am now again re-visiting a possibility of getting VOIP account
and so wonder if these problems are still there or not?

Sipgate voicemail is now entirely in English (at least, as far as
I can tell). However, the words have been recorded by at least two
different speakers, one of whom sounds like they were recorded talking
in a bathroom.

Second that. OTOH Recording your own message is pretty straightforward.

Old February 11th 09, 09:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
divoch

"Paul McGuinness" wrote in message
In message , Chris Davies
writes
divoch wrote:
Back in 2005 Ivor Jones wrote:
| There is a free voicemail service also, this however is having the
| irritating problem of lapsing into German every so often [...]

Sipgate voicemail is now entirely in English (at least, as far as
I can tell).

Second that. OTOH Recording your own message is pretty straightforward.
Personally, I find Sipgate very reliable for incoming calls and
voicemail. I don't use it for many outgoing calls as smslisto is
considerably cheaper.

Thanks all for your answers. It seems I should give it a try.

divoch