Inbound UDP port 5060 blocked

Old February 15th 09, 10:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

Default Inbound UDP port 5060 blocked

I'm trying to run Trixbox I've got Sipgate and Voipchoice working ok in and
out but cant get a softphone to register inbound to Trixbox. It appears that
port 5060 UDP is not being forwarded. I have it forwarded along with ports
10000-20000 UDP, I've even tried putting Trixbox in the DMZ (not safe I
know.). It seems ok forwarding with TCP but not UDP packets, my router is a
Draytek 2600VG and Nildram ISP, I've contacted them and they say they don't
block any ports UDP or TCP and ideas ?

Old February 15th 09, 10:42 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article , Dave wrote:
I'm trying to run Trixbox I've got Sipgate and Voipchoice working ok in and
out but cant get a softphone to register inbound to Trixbox. It appears that
port 5060 UDP is not being forwarded. I have it forwarded along with ports
10000-20000 UDP, I've even tried putting Trixbox in the DMZ (not safe I
know.). It seems ok forwarding with TCP but not UDP packets, my router is a
Draytek 2600VG and Nildram ISP, I've contacted them and they say they don't
block any ports UDP or TCP and ideas ?

The Draytek V models have theit own VoIP clients/ATAs built in and these
interfere with incoming VoIP registrations. What to do is change the port
number in the VoIP/SIP setups screens on the Draytek. It'll work then.

Also telnet into it and turn the SIP ALG off. Don't have the command to
hand, but google will find it - it's something like sys sip_alg 0 though.

Gordon

Old February 15th 09, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

"Gordon Henderson" wrote in message
In article , Dave
wrote:
[...]

Hi Gordon,
I was thinking along those lines but the two registrations I have are
obviously outbound 5060, but I guess it can still mess it up I'll give it a
go anyway and remove them both.

Do you know a UDP port scanner ? I have been using ipscan but only does TCP
ports

Thanks

Old February 15th 09, 11:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

wrote:
[...]

UPDATE
That was the problem , built in ATA's mess it up !

Thanks

Old February 15th 09, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

wrote:
[...]

Yup. Even when you turn them off, they still get in the way, so changing
the port numbers is what I found to work. (Unless you're actually using
them, then you're stuffed - that's the one thing I dislike about devices
like the Draytk 'V' models - had the same issue with Fritz boxes and
a newish Thompson speedtouch box - supplied by Zen and was told it was
VoIP compatable... (Which is was, but only with it's own built-in ports!)

Gordon
Old February 16th 09, 09:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave

wrote:
[...]

Yes I found that, I just deleted everything from the menus. I tried putting
one on port 5061 as a Trixbox extension and that didn't work either.
I always like separate components - dvd/tv,adsl/ata's etc things always work
better on there own. Really annoyed about the Draytek though.