Two telephones on a Fritzbox 1020

Old February 15th 09, 07:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Two telephones on a Fritzbox 1020

Hi there, Anyone using a Fritzbox? I have two telephones installed
one in each socket, both sockets have two separate sipgate accounts
for in-coming calls and two separate out going accounts on Voipcheap
and the other justvoip, all works well when used separately, but I I'm
on a call on one off the lines and try to call the other line from
another phone I get a engaged to on the other line, even though the
device is supposed to support two seperate line, any ideas, Bob
Old February 16th 09, 10:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
user #48853

On 15 Feb, 19:04, wrote:
Hi there, *Anyone using a Fritzbox? *I have two telephones installed
one in each socket, both sockets have two separate sipgate accounts
for in-coming calls and two separate out going accounts on Voipcheap
and the other justvoip, all works well when used separately, but I I'm
on a call on one off the lines and try to call the other line from
another phone I get a engaged to on the other line, even though the
device is supposed to support two seperate line, any ideas, Bob

I have the same unit and had the same problem. Under settings, find
"Configure the speed of your DSL line". The default settings are not
high enough to support two calls. Increase the available bandwidth and
you will be able to make 2 calls at once.
Old February 18th 09, 08:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Feb 16, 10:56*pm, "user #48853" wrote:
On 15 Feb, 19:04, wrote:

Hi there, *Anyone using a Fritzbox? *I have two telephones installed
one in each socket, both sockets have two separate sipgate accounts
for in-coming calls and two separate out going accounts on Voipcheap
and the other justvoip, all works well when used separately, but I I'm
on a call on one off the lines and try to call the other line from
another phone I get a engaged to on the other line, even though the
device is supposed to support two seperate line, any ideas, Bob

I have the same unit and had the same problem. Under settings, find
"Configure the speed of your DSL line". The default settings are not
high enough to support two calls. Increase the available bandwidth and
you will be able to make 2 calls at once.

thanks for the prompt reply, I did not bother changing theses setting
because my Internet connection is via cable and not DSL, I will do as
you suggested.

Thanks, Bob.
Old February 18th 09, 09:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

In ,
typed, for some strange, unexplained
reason:
: On 15 Feb, 19:04, wrote:
:
[...]

In that case it won't work, the settings are for the built in ADSL modem.
If it's your cable modem/service that's the problem you'll have to see if
there are any configuration settings you can change on the modem, if not
you'll have to contact whoever you get cable service from (I'm guessing
VM..!)

Ivor

Old February 19th 09, 09:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

,
: On 15 Feb, 19:04, wrote:
:
[...]

Ok mate, It's strange there should be more than enough band width
after all I have a 10 megs download and 1/2 meg upload and the
Fritzbox is the first device off the cable modem.

Cheers, Bob