Sipgate call waiting-how do I use it?

Old February 15th 09, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Sipgate call waiting-how do I use it?

I use Sipgate for my calls and I've got one of their routers connected
to my home phone sockets so I can use ordinary cordless phones.

I've just noticed that I seem to have a call waiting facility - today
I got a bleep in my ear and the display said "call waiting" - can
anyone tell me how I gain access to the waiting call and switch
between them etc.

I didn't know this facility was part of the Sipgate package and
there's no mention of it on their website!

Thanks
Old February 15th 09, 09:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

wrote in message
I use Sipgate for my calls and I've got one of their routers connected
to my home phone sockets so I can use ordinary cordless phones.

I've just noticed that I seem to have a call waiting facility - today
I got a bleep in my ear and the display said "call waiting" - can
anyone tell me how I gain access to the waiting call and switch
between them etc.

I didn't know this facility was part of the Sipgate package and
there's no mention of it on their website!

Thanks

Press recall to switch between them but warn the caller he is being
put on hold as he will hear silence (IYKWIM).
Otherwise just hang up and the phone will ring with the other
call.

While you are in a call that you have made or received, you
can press recall dial a number, and press recall again.
Now you are in a 3 way conference.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old February 16th 09, 09:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thanks for info - what if I don't have a recall button on my phones?

Old February 16th 09, 09:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

Thanks for info - what if I don't have a recall button on my phones?

With a simple wired phone you can usually tap the hookswitch once
to issue the timed-break recall.
To be honest I always do it that way even if I have the button.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old February 16th 09, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article , Graham. wrote:

Thanks for info - what if I don't have a recall button on my phones?

With a simple wired phone you can usually tap the hookswitch once
to issue the timed-break recall.
To be honest I always do it that way even if I have the button.

A lot of VoIP desk phones do it this way too.

The real answer is to read the manual for the router/ATA that you have.

Gordon