Does anyone know of a phone that does this...

Old February 18th 09, 12:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
elziko

Default Does anyone know of a phone that does this...

I'm looking for a standalone phone that will connect to the Internet via
Wi-Fi.

I need it to be able to be connected to two Skype accounts and at least one
SIP (currently sipgate) account and receive incoming calls from any one of
them. I don;t want to have to select which account I currently want to
connect to.

Are there such phones around? I didn't have much luck in finding anything
decent.

Old February 18th 09, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
elziko

"elziko" wrote in message
om...
I need it to be able to be connected to two Skype accounts and at least
one SIP (currently sipgate) account

Sorry i should have made it clear that all accounts need to be connected at
*the same time*!

Old February 18th 09, 02:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
elziko wrote:

"elziko" wrote in message
. com...
I need it to be able to be connected to two Skype accounts and at least
one SIP (currently sipgate) account

Sorry i should have made it clear that all accounts need to be connected at
*the same time*!

I doubt there is such a device avalable.

Good luck.

Gordon
Old February 18th 09, 03:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Theo Markettos

elziko wrote:
I'm looking for a standalone phone that will connect to the Internet via
Wi-Fi.

I need it to be able to be connected to two Skype accounts and at least one
SIP (currently sipgate) account and receive incoming calls from any one of
them. I don;t want to have to select which account I currently want to
connect to.

Best I can think of is some kind of PDA with appropriate software installed.
Does the normal Skype client allow you to connect to two Skype accounts at
once?

Theo
Old February 18th 09, 04:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 13:45:30 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
wrote:

In article ,
elziko wrote:

"elziko" wrote in message
.com...
I need it to be able to be connected to two Skype accounts and at least
one SIP (currently sipgate) account

Sorry i should have made it clear that all accounts need to be connected at
*the same time*!

I doubt there is such a device avalable.

Good luck.

Gordon

I share the same doubts as Gordon.
If you are technically apt you probably can achieve what you want to
do but it will take a lot of setting up. You would need a computer,
switched on, to run some software.
First you would have a standard SIP ATA working with a standard
cordless phone set. The task then is to interface Skype with the ATA
by connecting to its IP on the appropriate port.
Running on Ubuntu Linux I have experimented with Skype/SIP interface
software such as SIPtheeSkype and SIPtoSis. It is also necessary to
install and run a Java Skype client for each of your Skype accounts.
I have suceeded in being able to dial out to Skype contacts from my
handset. I have also got my handset to ring on an incoming Skype calls
ands to display the caller's username on the handset.
I have a Ubuntu Linux machine running MythTV so I need that computer
switched on anyway so it might as well do other jobs and SIP/Skype
interface is one. The experiment is on-going and not at the point
where I can publish details.

References from mhspot.com:
http://www.mhspot.com/sts/siptosis_download.php
http://tinyurl.com/bsk3a4

---
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
---
Old February 18th 09, 04:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Roger

"elziko" wrote in message
om...
I'm looking for a standalone phone that will connect to the Internet via
Wi-Fi.

I need it to be able to be connected to two Skype accounts and at least
one SIP (currently sipgate) account and receive incoming calls from any
one of them. I don;t want to have to select which account I currently want
to connect to.

Are there such phones around? I didn't have much luck in finding anything
decent.

You could put skype on a windows mobile phone with wifi and then use fring
for the other skype account and the sip account - you can probably buy a 2nd
hand one or unlocked unwated new one from ebay. I used skype and sip on
fring on an HTC phone and it worked well - you have to use the headset or
speakerphone though - you cant use the phone's earpiece.

Old February 18th 09, 05:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
elziko

Thanks for all the replies - it looks iek I'm asking for too much. What if I
lowered the bar?

Does anyone know of a phone that will be connected to a single Skype account
and a single SIP account at the same time?

I already have Fring on my WM Phone but I wan't something a little more
'home phone' like and that people can use when I'm not at home.

Thanks!