unblock O2 wireless box II

Old March 6th 09, 09:56 PM posted to alt.comp.networking.routers,comp.networks,uk.comp.home-networking
tg

Default unblock O2 wireless box II

I'm looking for help on how to flash or unblock an O2 wireless box II. I
searched on google but couldn't find anything.
I need to change the default chap username and password to connect to a
different ISP. Every time I enter my own u/n and p/w in the web
interface it fails and bounces back to the default preconfigured one.
I managed to telnet into the router as a superuser but I couldn't work
out how to implement the changes I wanted.
Another way to be to flash the router with different firmware if anyone
knows where I can get the firmware and instructions on how to flash the
router....
thanks for any pointers.

Old March 7th 09, 11:23 AM posted to alt.comp.networking.routers,comp.networks,uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 21:56:06 -0000
"tg" wrote:

I'm looking for help on how to flash or unblock an O2 wireless box
II. I searched on google but couldn't find anything.

Really? I found
http://forum.o2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?...0b93 1d3982a1
which suggests this
http://www.thomsonbroadbandpartner.c...le.php?id=4879
is the relevant CLI manual

I need to change the default chap username and password to connect to
a different ISP. Every time I enter my own u/n and p/w in the web
interface it fails and bounces back to the default preconfigured one.
I managed to telnet into the router as a superuser but I couldn't work
out how to implement the changes I wanted.

Plenty of stuff like this
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...fm/993575.html
discussing it.
Of course I might be barking up the wrong tree - I don't know anything
about it, I just searched Google for five minutes.

Old March 7th 09, 05:37 PM posted to alt.comp.networking.routers,comp.networks,uk.comp.home-networking
tg

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 21:56:06 -0000
"tg" wrote:

Of course I might be barking up the wrong tree - I don't know anything
about it, I just searched Google for five minutes.

yeah that's true you don't know anything about it.
and thanks for those links which don't have anything to do with my
original query, which was unlocking an O2 wireless box.
try harder next time, or maybe stick to your x-box.

Old March 7th 09, 06:03 PM posted to alt.comp.networking.routers,comp.networks,uk.comp.home-networking
Rob Morley

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 17:37:41 -0000
"tg" wrote:

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

Go **** yourself, there's a good little retard.

Old March 7th 09, 10:16 PM posted to alt.comp.networking.routers,comp.networks,uk.comp.home-networking
tg

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 17:37:41 -0000
"tg" wrote:

Go **** yourself, there's a good little retard.

ah yes so now we see what you're really made of.
X-box boy pretends to be clever, someone else reveals he's not, so
x-box boy throws a tantrum and starts swearing.
The internet is full of brats like you who throw up links pretending to
know about things, when in actual fact you've never been near an O2
wireless box have you 'robbie'.