Help With Dial Plan

Old March 8th 09, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Giskard Reventlov

Default Help With Dial Plan

I have a Linksys SPA3102

The telephone package I have includes bundled UK calls. Can anyone therefore
advised me on a dialing plan that only sent international calls via the SPA
with all other calls (local, national and mobile) through the BT line with
perhaps the pressing of # to send any number I dialed through the SPA

Many thanx

Old March 8th 09, 01:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

R. Giskard Reventlov formulated on Sunday :
I have a Linksys SPA3102

The telephone package I have includes bundled UK calls. Can anyone therefore
advised me on a dialing plan that only sent international calls via the SPA
with all other calls (local, national and mobile) through the BT line with
perhaps the pressing of # to send any number I dialed through the SPA

Many thanx

try (*xx|xx.:@gw0|00xx.)

No expert....might have missed something key!

Old March 8th 09, 01:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Giskard Reventlov

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
R. Giskard Reventlov formulated on Sunday :
I have a Linksys SPA3102

The telephone package I have includes bundled UK calls. Can anyone
therefore advised me on a dialing plan that only sent international calls
via the SPA with all other calls (local, national and mobile) through the
BT line with perhaps the pressing of # to send any number I dialed
through the SPA

Many thanx

try (*xx|xx.:@gw0|00xx.)

No expert....might have missed something key!

Many thanx I will give it a try - how about the # key to send calls via the
SPA?

Old March 8th 09, 01:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

R. Giskard Reventlov expressed precisely :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
R. Giskard Reventlov formulated on Sunday :
I have a Linksys SPA3102

The telephone package I have includes bundled UK calls. Can anyone
therefore advised me on a dialing plan that only sent international calls
via the SPA with all other calls (local, national and mobile) through the
BT line with perhaps the pressing of # to send any number I dialed through
the SPA

Many thanx

try (*xx|xx.:@gw0|00xx.)

No expert....might have missed something key!

Many thanx I will give it a try - how about the # key to send calls via the
SPA?

You don't need it - *xx allows you to control the spa with its vertical
service codes

xx.:@gw0 sends calls of any length over the bt line

00xx. sends calls beginning 00 over the line one voip account.

(should)

Old March 8th 09, 01:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Giskard Reventlov

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
R. Giskard Reventlov expressed precisely :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Ok thanx - Vertical Service Codes!! One quick Google later!!

http://www.packetman.com.au/kb/entry/115/

Old March 8th 09, 02:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Giskard Reventlov

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
R. Giskard Reventlov expressed precisely :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Doesn't seem to work - ALL calls get routed to the BT line

Old March 8th 09, 02:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

R. Giskard Reventlov presented the following explanation :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
R. Giskard Reventlov expressed precisely :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

my bad then.

BrianA where are you when I need you???

Does this have the desired effect? (*xx|00xx.|xx.:@gw0)

Old March 8th 09, 03:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

After serious thinking R. Giskard Reventlov wrote :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
R. Giskard Reventlov expressed precisely :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

OK, hopefully I've put enough thought into this.

Are your local numbers 6 digits long?

(*xx|999S0:@gw0|0[1278]xx.:@gw0|[2-9]xxxxxS0:@gw0|00xx.)

Old March 8th 09, 06:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Giskard Reventlov

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
After serious thinking R. Giskard Reventlov wrote :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
R. Giskard Reventlov expressed precisely :
"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Yep - that works fine - many thank. What code do I use to manually select
the VOIP line? I have looked through the Vertical Service Codes in the SPA
setup but there does not seem to be a code for it. Can I just add
(#,:xx.:@gw0) to the front of your dialing plan of is there some # or *
code I have to type

Old March 8th 09, 07:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

R. Giskard Reventlov wrote :
OK, hopefully I've put enough thought into this.

Are your local numbers 6 digits long?

(*xx|999S0:@gw0|0[1278]xx.:@gw0|[2-9]xxxxxS0:@gw0|00xx.)

Yep - that works fine - many thank. What code do I use to manually select the
VOIP line? I have looked through the Vertical Service Codes in the SPA setup
but there does not seem to be a code for it. Can I just add (#,:xx.:@gw0)
to the front of your dialing plan of is there some # or * code I have to type

Jolly good.

If you put you missed from the beginning -
#,:xx.:@gw0 is correct - however, that forces calls over the BT
line - gw0 (gateway zero) is the PSTN port.

So, to force calls over VoIP put #,:xx.

So, in full, you'd have the following:

(*xx|999S0:@gw0|#,:xx.|0[1278]xx.:@gw0|[2-9]xxxxxS0:@gw0|00xx.)