Vonage for 1 per month after cash back

Old March 12th 09, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
hammond

Default Vonage for 1 per month after cash back

http://www.quidco.com/mobiles-utilities/vonage/
Old March 12th 09, 05:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Steve Hammond

http://www.quidco.com/mobiles-utilities/vonage/

Sorry it's 3.10 after you have to pay a set up cost !

Still cheap though
Old March 13th 09, 01:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Iain

Steve Hammond wrote:
http://www.quidco.com/mobiles-utilities/vonage/

Sorry it's 3.10 after you have to pay a set up cost !

Still cheap though

Looks as if it is 5.99 per month (71.88 for a year) plus 9.99 setup
less 60 quidco. Which comes to 21.87 in a year. About 1.82 per month.

However, if you want a free ATA you also have to pay 8.99 for delivery,
so that makes it 2.57 per month.

How do you get to 3.10?

And is it worth it anyway? I've never heard anyone except our resident
nutter say anything good about Vonage.
Old March 13th 09, 08:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Iain wrote:

Looks as if it is 5.99 per month (71.88 for a year) plus 9.99 setup
less 60 quidco. Which comes to 21.87 in a year. About 1.82 per month.

If you make 150 mins/month of calls it's cheaper than Sipgate.

And is it worth it anyway? I've never heard anyone except our resident
nutter say anything good about Vonage.

It Just Works. Unfortunately this is short for "Just Works with their kit".

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
20:13:30 up 98 days, 22:24, 3 users, load average: 0.06, 0.09, 0.11

Old March 15th 09, 05:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy

On 13 Mar, 13:10, Iain wrote:
Steve Hammond wrote:
http://www.quidco.com/mobiles-utilities/vonage/

Sorry it's 3.10 after you have to pay a set up cost !

Still cheap though

Looks as if it is 5.99 per month (71.88 for a year) plus 9.99 setup
less 60 quidco. Which comes to 21.87 in a year. About 1.82 per month.

However, if you want a free ATA you also have to pay 8.99 for delivery,
so that makes it 2.57 per month.

How do you get to 3.10?

And is it worth it anyway? I've never heard anyone except our resident
nutter say anything good about Vonage.

Unsolicited phone spam received here from Vonage, their sales person
in Philippines pretending to want to talk about the broadband
connection, despite me saying this house has no contracts with Vonage
and has never made any enquiries about it.

They wouldn't confirm whether or not they do TPS look-ups for their
calls

It gradually emerged they have confidential details of the
subscriber's name on a BT ex-directory line - after they were unable
to distinguish between male and female first names in English, and
thus spent some time talking to me (male) thinking it was my mother.
And this sales person lied to me that the information was obtained
from a public database

When I complained about this, a manager in their sales call centre
referred me to their customer services, at which a Canadian person
told me that certainly under US or Canadian law it would be illegal
for an ex-directory phone number to be passed on without permission.
He referred me back to the sales team, who refused to disclose where
they obtained the database from.

Consequently, I'm thinking about reporting Vonage to the Information
Commissioner