VOIP one-way audio problem

Old April 5th 09, 07:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lobster

Default VOIP one-way audio problem

I've just set up x-lite 3.0 on my netbook PC, for use away from home in
conjunction with my Sipgate account (which I currently use successfully
at home with a VOIP phone. I had x-lite running fine on my previous
laptop, but can't make this work.

Using the netbook setup, I'm connecting to sipgate OK and can make and
receive calls. However, I'm only getting inbound audio on x-lite (and
not great quality at that); but the person I'm calling can't hear
anything at all from me.

I gather from google that this is likely to be all about
ports/firewalls/routers etc?

I have a Linksys WRT54G router, and have forwarded the following ports
to the netbook's IP address: 5060, 5004, 8000-8016 (all UDP) (note that
my VOIP phone works fine connected to this router). The netbook's
running XP firewall which had x-lite as an exception.

So - any ideas please?!

Thanks
David
Old April 5th 09, 07:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jack Bauer

In article , davidlobsterpot601
@hotmail.com says...
[...]

Have you got STUN enabled? If so, try disabling it.
Old April 5th 09, 07:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

on 05/04/2009, Jack Bauer supposed :
[...]

Or if he hasn't...try turning it on.

Old April 5th 09, 07:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Lobster has brought this to us :
[...]

You shouldn't really have any need for port forwarding these days.

However, have you logged in to your Sipgate account and gone to the
x-lite account specific setup?

Is your router suitable to install the dd-wrt firmware? if it is, all
your problems will go away.

Old April 5th 09, 07:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lobster

Lobster wrote:
I've just set up x-lite 3.0 on my netbook PC, for use away from home in
conjunction with my Sipgate account (which I currently use successfully
at home with a VOIP phone. I had x-lite running fine on my previous
laptop, but can't make this work.

Using the netbook setup, I'm connecting to sipgate OK and can make and
receive calls. However, I'm only getting inbound audio on x-lite (and
not great quality at that); but the person I'm calling can't hear
anything at all from me.

I gather from google that this is likely to be all about
ports/firewalls/routers etc?

Thanks for the replies guys.... I've continued googling since posting
this, and have found a l-o-n-g thread in this ng with an identical
problem (thread started 20 Feb) and people started jumping up and down
about a possible faulty microphone. And guess what - that's exactly my
problem! Duh... always test the obvious things first, eh?

Thanks
David

Old April 6th 09, 12:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
divoch

"Lobster" wrote in message
Lobster wrote:
[...]

Lucky you, because the thread you are referring to was the one I initiated.
Although I have not yet tried a different mic., in my case the one I have
works
with Skype and Live Messenger and so should work with X-Lite too.
I have Vista PC and, interestingly, the same router as you have.

divoch