FWD account login "My FWD", gone completely now?

Old April 5th 09, 08:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
B. Wright

Default FWD account login "My FWD", gone completely now?

I know FWD has become a major cluster f*ck since it went to the
paid model. Who knows what their plan is.. but it seems to be slowly
fading away as I had predicted. Has anyone noticed that the account
login page (to change profile info) disappeared. You could eventually
get to it by following the "communicator" links, or a direct link to:

http://account2.freeworlddialup.com/...p?section_id=4

Now that doesn't even work. Anyone else have a direct link that
actually works to update your account/profile? Looks like I'll be
getting rid of any FWD accounts ASAP as they're more of a dead end now
than ever.

Old April 5th 09, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"B. Wright" wrote in message
I know FWD has become a major cluster f*ck since it went to the
paid model. Who knows what their plan is.. but it seems to be slowly
fading away as I had predicted. Has anyone noticed that the account
login page (to change profile info) disappeared. You could eventually
get to it by following the "communicator" links, or a direct link to:

http://account2.freeworlddialup.com/...p?section_id=4

Now that doesn't even work. Anyone else have a direct link that
actually works to update your account/profile? Looks like I'll be
getting rid of any FWD accounts ASAP as they're more of a dead end now
than ever.

The free FWD account that terminates my IPCall number still works,
but like everyone else, I am surprised it still does.
Does anyone know another zero cost way of getting a US number
in the event Pulver pulls the free accounts?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old April 5th 09, 09:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

In ,
Graham. typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:

[snip]

: The free FWD account that terminates my IPCall number still works,
: but like everyone else, I am surprised it still does.
: Does anyone know another zero cost way of getting a US number
: in the event Pulver pulls the free accounts?

Same here, that's all I use my FWD account for. Since Sipgate no longer
allow termination of FWD (although they said they'd re-enable it when I
asked them last year, they never did) I have tested FWD with my Gradwell
account and that works, although of course Gradwell isn't free.

Ivor

Old April 6th 09, 03:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Soruk

On 2009-04-05, Graham. wrote:

"B. Wright" wrote in message
I know FWD has become a major cluster f*ck since it went to the
paid model. Who knows what their plan is.. but it seems to be slowly
fading away as I had predicted. Has anyone noticed that the account
login page (to change profile info) disappeared. You could eventually
get to it by following the "communicator" links, or a direct link to:

http://account2.freeworlddialup.com/...p?section_id=4

Now that doesn't even work. Anyone else have a direct link that
actually works to update your account/profile? Looks like I'll be
getting rid of any FWD accounts ASAP as they're more of a dead end now
than ever.

The free FWD account that terminates my IPCall number still works,
but like everyone else, I am surprised it still does.
Does anyone know another zero cost way of getting a US number
in the event Pulver pulls the free accounts?

My IPKall number points at my ekiga.net SIP address. I've heard of it
also working to Gizmo Project/sipphone.com addresses, and pointing it at
a MySipSwitch address might also work.

International Calls - http://calls.matrixnetwork.co.uk/
Old April 6th 09, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Henkie Penkie

On 2009-04-05, Graham. wrote:
"B. Wright" wrote in message
[...]

Why not point it directly at your dyndns address at home or your IP if
that isn's dynamic?
Works great.
Old April 6th 09, 06:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

On 2009-04-05, Graham. wrote:

"B. Wright" wrote in message
[...]

Ah thanks, looks like the received wisdom about ipkall only working
with FWD is wrong. I just tried pointing it to one of my pbxes.org
extensions and it worked. It also works pointed at the Betamax
uri that goes direct to my ATA
I'll try some other ideas later, and post a follow-up.

The way ipkall asks for a sip phone number, rather than a username
makes you think it has to be numerical, like FWD user names, but
they can be anything.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old April 6th 09, 11:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

On 2009-04-05, Graham. wrote:

"B. Wright" wrote in message
[...]

In addition, Orbtalk works with ipcall.com,
Tesco internet phone does not apear to work
Sipgate does not work, as we know.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old April 7th 09, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
B. Wright

Maybe you spoke to soon. Seems to have gone tits up today so
it's either one of the regular outages they have or finally given up the
ghost. Unless anyone else is having success registering? Doubt it's
specific to me though.

As others mentioned, just login to your IPKall number and
re-route it to another SIP address that accepts incoming termination.

Old April 8th 09, 09:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

In ,
Ivor Jones typed, for some strange,
unexplained reason:
: In ,
: Graham. typed, for some strange, unexplained reason:
:
: [snip]
:
: : The free FWD account that terminates my IPCall number still works,
: : but like everyone else, I am surprised it still does.
: : Does anyone know another zero cost way of getting a US number
: : in the event Pulver pulls the free accounts?
:
: Same here, that's all I use my FWD account for. Since Sipgate no
: longer allow termination of FWD (although they said they'd re-enable
: it when I asked them last year, they never did) I have tested FWD
: with my Gradwell account and that works, although of course Gradwell
: isn't free.
:
: Ivor

Well my FWD account stopped registering yesterday, so that's it.

Oh well.

Ivor

Old April 8th 09, 10:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 21:03:02 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

[...]

With the anytime calling plan from BT for 16.20 a month including
0845 and 0870 numbers also which is less than 55p a day why bother
with any VOIP provider .