Firmware update

Old April 8th 09, 09:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Pawson

Default Firmware update

Just got a firmware update for my Gigaset 475IP, anybody know what has
changed. The only difference I can see is that, on logging in, I got a
screen warning me to change the access pin number.
Old April 8th 09, 10:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article , Ian Pawson wrote:
Just got a firmware update for my Gigaset 475IP, anybody know what has
changed. The only difference I can see is that, on logging in, I got a
screen warning me to change the access pin number.

This link:

http://gigaset.com/shc/0,1935,hq_en_...html#co ntent

May help. Hm. stupid long URL, try:

http://tinyurl.com/cmc2j6

Not for the C460IP though )-:

Gordon
Old April 8th 09, 12:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Me

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 08:50:35 +0100, Ian Pawson wrote:

Just got a firmware update for my Gigaset 475IP, anybody know what has
changed. The only difference I can see is that, on logging in, I got a
screen warning me to change the access pin number.

Just go here for a list of changes

http://gigaset.com/repository/1693/1...eng_V02184.txt

Me
Old April 8th 09, 05:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

Gordon Henderson wrote:
In article , Ian Pawson wrote:
Just got a firmware update for my Gigaset 475IP, anybody know what has
changed. The only difference I can see is that, on logging in, I got a
screen warning me to change the access pin number.

This link:

http://gigaset.com/shc/0,1935,hq_en_...html#co ntent

May help. Hm. stupid long URL, try:

http://tinyurl.com/cmc2j6

Not for the C460IP though )-:

Gordon

No the C460IP has been end of life for some time now so the only updates
you'll ever get for that are security fixes if they ever occur.

Nice to see they've at least partially implemented call transfer using
the flash hook (R) key now.

Paul.
Old April 8th 09, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

Gordon Henderson wrote:

In article , Ian Pawson
wrote:

Just got a firmware update for my Gigaset 475IP

Not for the C460IP though )-:

You just need to download the toolchain, then you can simply and easily
build your own:

http://gigaset.com/shc/0,1,hq_en_0_162683_,00.html

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
20:22:23 up 124 days, 21:33, 2 users, load average: 0.12, 0.11, 0.09

Old April 8th 09, 09:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Paul Hayes wrote :
Nice to see they've at least partially implemented call transfer using the
flash hook (R) key now.

How's it partially implemented..?

Old April 9th 09, 10:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Pawson

Gordon Henderson wrote:
In article , Ian Pawson wrote:
Just got a firmware update for my Gigaset 475IP, anybody know what has
changed. The only difference I can see is that, on logging in, I got a
screen warning me to change the access pin number.

This link:

http://gigaset.com/shc/0,1935,hq_en_...html#co ntent

May help. Hm. stupid long URL, try:

http://tinyurl.com/cmc2j6

Not for the C460IP though )-:

Gordon

Many thanks for the link
Old April 10th 09, 08:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Ian Pawson schreef:
Just got a firmware update for my Gigaset 475IP, anybody know what has
changed. The only difference I can see is that, on logging in, I got a
screen warning me to change the access pin number.

On my 301 D i noticed also some improvements in the giganet instant
messages features (And Jabber network)

--
Bedankt, Thanks,

The Fug.

Old April 15th 09, 04:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

Jono wrote:
Paul Hayes wrote :
Nice to see they've at least partially implemented call transfer using
the flash hook (R) key now.

How's it partially implemented..?

You can use the R key to transfer the call but not to put the call on
hold. So the process goes something like:

- one call in progress
- go to "menu" and "ext call"
- now the first call goes on hold and you get dial tone
- make a second call
- press the R key.

In an ideal world step two would also just be "press the R key".

cheers,
Paul.
Old April 18th 09, 08:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Saville

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 19:26:10 UTC, alexd wrote:

Gordon Henderson wrote:

In article , Ian Pawson
wrote:

Just got a firmware update for my Gigaset 475IP

Not for the C460IP though )-:

You just need to download the toolchain, then you can simply and easily
build your own:

http://gigaset.com/shc/0,1,hq_en_0_162683_,00.html

How does one know which baseline to use?
--
Regards
Dave Saville