Power cycling the router causes SPS 3102 problems

Old April 16th 09, 08:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Giskard Reventlov

Default Power cycling the router causes SPS 3102 problems

I have a Linksys SPA 3102 all set up and working well. I have been in habit
of power cycling my router via a time switch every night at 3 am ever since
my router crashed when I was away from home for several weeks and I could
not get remote access to my system. I recently replaced my router with a
Linksys (Cisco) Wireless ADSL2+ Gateway. When this cycles at night the 3102
fails to re register when the router comes back up. Even if I use the same
time switch to recycle both the same thing happens. I have to manually power
cycle the 3102 in the morning to get it to re register. Any suggestions?
(Other than stop using a timer!!)

Old April 16th 09, 10:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Rob

"R. Giskard Reventlov" [email protected] wrote in message
I have a Linksys SPA 3102 all set up and working well. I have been in habit
of power cycling my router via a time switch every night at 3 am ever since
my router crashed when I was away from home for several weeks and I could
not get remote access to my system. I recently replaced my router with a
Linksys (Cisco) Wireless ADSL2+ Gateway. When this cycles at night the 3102
fails to re register when the router comes back up. Even if I use the same
time switch to recycle both the same thing happens. I have to manually
power cycle the 3102 in the morning to get it to re register. Any
suggestions? (Other than stop using a timer!!)

Possibly use a second timer to power cycle the 3102 a few minutes after the
router has rebooted?

Rob

Old April 20th 09, 12:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Hayes

Rob wrote:
"R. Giskard Reventlov" [email protected] wrote in message
I have a Linksys SPA 3102 all set up and working well. I have been in habit
of power cycling my router via a time switch every night at 3 am ever since
my router crashed when I was away from home for several weeks and I could
not get remote access to my system. I recently replaced my router with a
Linksys (Cisco) Wireless ADSL2+ Gateway. When this cycles at night the 3102
fails to re register when the router comes back up. Even if I use the same
time switch to recycle both the same thing happens. I have to manually
power cycle the 3102 in the morning to get it to re register. Any
suggestions? (Other than stop using a timer!!)

Possibly use a second timer to power cycle the 3102 a few minutes after the
router has rebooted?

Rob

yes the issue will be that it takes a minute or so longer for the ADSL
router to boot up, sync the line and connect to the ISP than it takes
for the 3102 to boot up.

Why do you have to reboot your router every night? I'd try and fix
whatever is causing that problem rather than trying to work around it.

cheers,
Paul.