DID skype in

Old April 23rd 09, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
hammond

Default DID skype in

Is it possible to phone a Skype account on a 3 mobile via a normal
landline ?

I looked at www.ringww.com but it seems not too be working at the
moment.??

Insidentally, nor does www.voipraider.com either.
Old April 25th 09, 08:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:19:09 -0700, hammond wrote:

Is it possible to phone a Skype account on a 3 mobile via a normal
landline ?

I looked at www.ringww.com but it seems not too be working at the
moment.??

Insidentally, nor does www.voipraider.com either.

In short ..yes, but from what I know not so easily.

You may be aware that Gizmo have a Skype bridge:-
http://gizmo5.com/pc/opensky/
However I couldn't get it to call into a '3' phone even though it would
call into a computer with no problem. So it appears that '3' are blocking
such calls so I assume that they will block any similar services unless
they are getting a rake-off.
However, if you are willing to run a computer to make your link you could
look at this:-
http://www.mhspot.com/sts/siptosis.html