Talk Talk offer for Tiscali users

Old April 24th 09, 09:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Another Dave

Default Talk Talk offer for Tiscali users

By chance I got to this page:

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/canIGetIt

It seems to suggest I can transfer without getting a MAC and I get a 50
credit if I'm moving from Tiscali.

I'm with Freedom2Surf (now owned by Tiscali) and, given their financial
state, I'm keen to move. Not having to mess around getting a MAC is
attractive as is 50.

Are there any other offers like this and does Freedom2Surf count as Tiscali?

Has anybody done this?

Another Dave
Old April 24th 09, 09:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Another Dave

Another Dave wrote:
Are there any other offers like this and does Freedom2Surf count as
Tiscali?

I'm the OP replying to my own post. According to an online chat with
Talk Talk it appears the offer only applies to direct Tiscali customers.

Damn! I thought I'd found an easy escape.

Another Dave

Old April 24th 09, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

Another Dave wrote:

By chance I got to this page:

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/canIGetIt

Don't touch them with a 10 km bargepole.

Graham

Old April 24th 09, 11:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PeterC

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 20:14:08 +0100, Another Dave wrote:

By chance I got to this page:

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/canIGetIt

It seems to suggest I can transfer without getting a MAC and I get a 50
credit if I'm moving from Tiscali.

I'm with Freedom2Surf (now owned by Tiscali) and, given their financial
state, I'm keen to move. Not having to mess around getting a MAC is
attractive as is 50.

Are there any other offers like this and does Freedom2Surf count as Tiscali?

Has anybody done this?

Another Dave

Link didn't work for me, but

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/offers/tiscali

does.

I'd be paying 15 for BB - no LLU here.
--
Peter.
It's not rocket science, you know.
Old April 25th 09, 10:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Megahertz Systems

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Another Dave wrote:

By chance I got to this page:

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/canIGetIt

Don't touch them with a 10 km bargepole.

Graham

Hi Graham,

In the past i`ve totally agreed with you in regards to Virginmedia but in
Talktalk`s case I have to disagree.

I signed up with TalkTalk 3 weeks ago, I was one of the first to Sign up
with an "Inactive" Bt Line.
This went very smoothly, broadband too went very smoothly.

I had a concern changing from interleave to fast path. found the
talktalkmembers forum website, they have bent over backwards to sort this
and also reprofile my line so now I get 16 meg down and 1 meg up.

I think I remember you saying you had a bad experience with them in the
past?

Old April 25th 09, 10:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Megahertz Systems

"Megahertz Systems" wrote in
message ...
Hi Graham,

In the past i`ve totally agreed with you in regards to Virginmedia but in
Talktalk`s case I have to disagree.

Oh BTW, I left virginmedia due to their faulty STM (punished us as and when)

Old May 2nd 09, 04:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

Another Dave wrote:
Another Dave wrote:
Are there any other offers like this and does Freedom2Surf count as
Tiscali?

I'm the OP replying to my own post. According to an online chat with
Talk Talk it appears the offer only applies to direct Tiscali
customers.
Damn! I thought I'd found an easy escape.

Yes, an escape from the frying pan into the fire )

(kim)