Exponential-e PowerNGN

Old April 29th 09, 09:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Exponential-e PowerNGN

Hi,

I recently received an advertising flyer from a company called
exponential-e offering various internet connection packages at very
low prices, as an example how does a 50Mbit symmetrical connection
for 650 per month sound? Compared to the typical prices for
traditional leased lines this is an incredible price.

Trying to find the catch I decided that I would ask for a real quote
to supply a 25Mbit connection to our office (the advertising stated
'from 550 per month') - well in our case the real price is more like
1800 per month (plus installation).

So I wonder, has does anyone have any experience of exponential-e as a
service provider and has anyone actually had a 'real' quote for
anything close to the advertised price?

Cheers

Simon
Old April 30th 09, 10:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Weston

In article 43f4ca1e-daf8-4d1d-8e72-3319ce450454
@b7g2000pre.googlegroups.com, "" wrote:
Hi,

I recently received an advertising flyer from a company called
exponential-e offering various internet connection packages at very
low prices, as an example how does a 50Mbit symmetrical connection
for 650 per month sound? Compared to the typical prices for
traditional leased lines this is an incredible price.

Trying to find the catch I decided that I would ask for a real quote
to supply a 25Mbit connection to our office (the advertising stated
'from 550 per month') - well in our case the real price is more like
1800 per month (plus installation).

So I wonder, has does anyone have any experience of exponential-e as a
service provider and has anyone actually had a 'real' quote for
anything close to the advertised price?

No, but an alternative provider is www.aaisp.net.uk/ethernet.html. I've
not used this new service, thought, but you might get feedback on
uk.net.providers.aaisp.

Services like these can only be provided on site-by-site basis, as the
actual inter-site "up to 10Gbps" fibre has to be installed/configured on
a bespoke basis. I note AAISP state the typical cost is of the order of
1000/month + VAT.

I'd feel more comfortable with the actual answers and the service
provided by AAISP, based on the proven service received to-date as a
broadband customer.

--
John W
To mail me replace the obvious with co.uk twice