The Post Office

Old April 30th 09, 11:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy

Default The Post Office

not sure if I have the right group here, but is anyone with the post
office for broadband as an isp and would they comment on the service?
Old April 30th 09, 12:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Andy" wrote in message
not sure if I have the right group here, but is anyone with the post
office for broadband as an isp and would they comment on the service?

Not got their Broadband but have their 'phone service works ok.
But CS extremely slow to answer e-mails and not always correct in responses.
In flexable with price package only got one! No longer suitable to me, and
they way out of line with what other operators are offing by way of
packages.
Will be changing soon, check carefully and be sure they give you the BB you
require and compare well with others.
(Might be they just resellers of someone else, EG BT, who used to be GPO.)

--
Regards,
David

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.

Old April 30th 09, 08:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike P

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:39:07 +0100, Andy miaowed:

not sure if I have the right group here, but is anyone with the post
office for broadband as an isp and would they comment on the service?

I've been with the post office since June last year. No complaints, good
tech support when needed. I'm paying 15 a month, no download limit and
get 8mb connected. Not had any reliability issues at all.

Mike P
Old May 1st 09, 12:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
BigGirlsBlouse

I havent got it but a colleague has....I like usernet groups...newsgroups
and post office doesnt support news groups.

Old May 1st 09, 12:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy

On Fri, 1 May 2009 11:24:28 +0100, "BigGirlsBlouse"
wrote:

I havent got it but a colleague has....I like usernet groups...newsgroups
and post office doesnt support news groups.

Yes but Mike P who posted above and he is with individual net for his
usenet, so it must allow him to pay for use of that. Thus if I used
motzerella free I could get my text newsgroups which is all I'd
require.
Old May 1st 09, 01:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Andy" wrote in message
not sure if I have the right group here, but is anyone with the post
office for broadband as an isp and would they comment on the service?

Seems most ISPs not doing News Servers, mine does not.
I did use free news.motzarella.org but it does fail to upload and
download at times.
So now using the free news.albasani.net had no problems so far.

Old May 1st 09, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"Andy" wrote in message
not sure if I have the right group here, but is anyone with the post
office for broadband as an isp and would they comment on the service?

Seems most ISPs not doing News Servers, mine does not.
I did use free news.motzarella.org but it does fail to upload and
download at times.
So now using the free news.albasani.net had no problems so far.

Yep - many ISPs seem to be cutting back on their offerings.
Plusnet used to offer webspace, CGI, etc. but has now gone minimalist with
its new cheaper tariffs and doesn't seem to offer them to new customers.
As others have said, there are free or cheap news-servers out there if the
Post Office doesn't have one.

George

Old May 2nd 09, 04:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kim

Mike P wrote:
On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:39:07 +0100, Andy miaowed:

not sure if I have the right group here, but is anyone with the post
office for broadband as an isp and would they comment on the service?

I've been with the post office since June last year. No complaints,
good tech support when needed. I'm paying 15 a month, no download
limit and get 8mb connected.

You say there is no download limit, has anyone put that to the test?

(kim)

Old May 2nd 09, 09:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy

On Sat, 2 May 2009 15:05:50 +0100, "kim" wrote:

Mike P wrote:
On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:39:07 +0100, Andy miaowed:

not sure if I have the right group here, but is anyone with the post
office for broadband as an isp and would they comment on the service?

I've been with the post office since June last year. No complaints,
good tech support when needed. I'm paying 15 a month, no download
limit and get 8mb connected.

You say there is no download limit, has anyone put that to the test?

(kim)

It is how he said but with a fair use policy I would not estimate
exceeding 20gb per month myself.
Old May 2nd 09, 11:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"kim" wrote in message
Mike P wrote:
On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:39:07 +0100, Andy miaowed:

not sure if I have the right group here, but is anyone with the post
office for broadband as an isp and would they comment on the service?

I've been with the post office since June last year. No complaints,
good tech support when needed. I'm paying 15 a month, no download
limit and get 8mb connected.

You say there is no download limit, has anyone put that to the test?

I have just looked at the PO BB web site for 15.61 it has a 5GB downdload
limit per month, and is up to 8mb.
For extra 4.89 it is unlimited but subject to Fair Usage Policy.
So Mike must live in the Telephone Exchange, I never known anyone get the
full 8Mb.
Maybe Mike will clarify what he as got.