Tiscali threatening to cut off my broadband supplied by Plusnet!

Old May 4th 09, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Tiscali threatening to cut off my broadband supplied by Plusnet!

I moved ISP from Tiscali to Plusnet in November, best thing I ever did.
Tiscali are now leaving recorded messages on my answer 'phone saying they
are going to cut me off for non payment. Will BT Wholesale cut me off on
Tiscali's say so without checking if they are even the provider?
Thanks

Old May 5th 09, 12:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paulg0

"T" wrote in message
I moved ISP from Tiscali to Plusnet in November, best thing I ever did.
Tiscali are now leaving recorded messages on my answer 'phone saying they
are going to cut me off for non payment. Will BT Wholesale cut me off on
Tiscali's say so without checking if they are even the provider?
Thanks

Tiscali without doubt think they are still supplying your broadband. They
did exactly the same to a friend of mine when he ported out to another
provider. You need to contact Tiscali and adfvise them that you moved away
from them and prove the date that you left (copy of the signup email from
Plusnet etc), otherwise you risk them sticking an erronus report on your
credit record......

Paul

Old May 5th 09, 12:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Support Team

T wrote:
I moved ISP from Tiscali to Plusnet in November, best thing I ever did.
Tiscali are now leaving recorded messages on my answer 'phone saying they
are going to cut me off for non payment. Will BT Wholesale cut me off on
Tiscali's say so without checking if they are even the provider?
Thanks

Was your phone service with Tiscali? If not then there's no way Tiscali
could cancel a Plusnet owned DSL circuit (that's unless you were
provisioned on our LLU service, which you won't have been if you signed
up late last year).

If you log into our website can you see usage being recorded against
your account? If you can then that would suggest that you're connecting
to our RADIUS servers and therefore our network -

http://portal.plus.net/view_my_broad...sage/index.php

--
+------ PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------
Old May 5th 09, 04:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Plusnet Support Team" wrote in message

T wrote:
I moved ISP from Tiscali to Plusnet in November, best thing I ever did.
Tiscali are now leaving recorded messages on my answer 'phone saying they
are going to cut me off for non payment. Will BT Wholesale cut me off on
Tiscali's say so without checking if they are even the provider?
Thanks

Was your phone service with Tiscali? If not then there's no way Tiscali
could cancel a Plusnet owned DSL circuit (that's unless you were
provisioned on our LLU service, which you won't have been if you signed up
late last year).

If you log into our website can you see usage being recorded against your
account? If you can then that would suggest that you're connecting to our
RADIUS servers and therefore our network -

http://portal.plus.net/view_my_broad...sage/index.php

--
|Bob Pullen Broadband Solutions for
|Support Home & Business @
|PlusNet plc. www.plus.net
+------ PlusNet - The smarter way to broadband ------

I have logged on and can see my usage so it looks as though I am safe. The
credit rating is more worrying as Tiscali are the worlds worst company for
contacting.

Old May 5th 09, 08:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Christof Meerwald

On Tue, 5 May 2009 03:09:27 +0100, T wrote:
I have logged on and can see my usage so it looks as though I am safe. The
credit rating is more worrying as Tiscali are the worlds worst company for
contacting.

I have never had a problem contacting them through their customer service
web site at http://uk-tiscali.custhelp.com

Christof

http://cmeerw.org sip:cmeerw at cmeerw.org
mailto:cmeerw at cmeerw.org xmpp:cmeerw at cmeerw.org