(&*^#*(&$#ing useless technical support. Nothing has changed

Old May 6th 09, 04:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Howes

Default (&*^#*(&$#ing useless technical support. Nothing has changed

Virgin Media, need I say more.

Outside number 202 London Road, Portsmouth, is one of their street
boxes. I doesn't serve me, because I am NOT a customer. I have no
intention of ever being involved with the moneygrabbing incompetents
that are virgin media ever again. I've been burnt once before, and,
well, you probably have a similar story.

This street box currently has it's front door hanging off.

I reported it, eventually, to someone a while back. All it would have
taken is for an engineer to stop off, re-hang the door, and all would
have been well.

Did this happen?

Of course not. It got ignored, since when the door has been bent by
local idiots, who are yet to actually start randomly rewiring the street
box for virgin (thus markedly improving levels of service no doubt)

I have attempted to report the problem again, being public-spirited, if
not a fan of virgin media and their ancestors. They seem to be
powerless to act without the postcode of the box. While they are happy
to bombard me with junk mail, despite my registration on the mailing
preference service, as they know my postcode.

Do I seriously have to go over there and rip everyone's telephone and
cable circuits out before they will send someone to stick a &(^#$ing
door back on the box?

If you live in that area, and lose your service shortly, it WONT have
been me doing that, but someone no doubt will have done.

There was a time in the Portsmouth area when the service from NyNEX was
actually good. You could speak direct to engineers. Then Cable &
Clueless took over, then NTHell, Virgin promised improvements, and have
utterly failed to deliver, once again. How their customers put up with
them, I don't know.

Regards,
Given Up
of Portsmouth.
Old May 6th 09, 05:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"Jim Howes" wrote in message
[...]

You are overlooking the root cause of the problem.
Portsmouth.
QED.

George
(ex-Portmuthian until I wised up and got out!)

;-)

Old May 6th 09, 05:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ato_Zee

Do I seriously have to go over there and rip everyone's telephone and
cable circuits out before they will send someone to stick a &(^#$ing
door back on the box?

I expect some alcohol fuelled hoodie and trainee pyromaniac will
come along and fix it for them.
Bristol cable circuits were taken out just before the World Cup
a few years ago.
Old May 6th 09, 06:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Graham.

PO2 9JE

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old May 6th 09, 08:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Jim Howes wrote:

This street box currently has it's front door hanging off.

I reported it, eventually, to someone a while back. All it would have
taken is for an engineer to stop off, re-hang the door, and all would
have been well.

Did this happen?

Of course not. It got ignored, since when the door has been bent by
local idiots, who are yet to actually start randomly rewiring the street
box for virgin (thus markedly improving levels of service no doubt)

Not a unique problem, I often see Virgin Medja boxes in a similar state in my
town. There's two main problems, firstly modern youth, who no matter where
they live slowly destroy the environment, doesn't matter what it is, street
furniture, saplings, their own school, etc. Secondly the fact that VM and/or
their predecessors have chosen to use street boxes made out of tin plate.

--
Mark

www.paras.org.uk
Old May 6th 09, 09:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Wed, 06 May 2009 16:21:33 +0100, Jim Howes
wrote:

snip
No complaints about VM here, been with them since the days of NTL.
Never seen a damaged street cabinet where I live either.
--
Scientia potentia est (knowledge is power). Bacon

Old May 7th 09, 09:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Carl Waring

What has ANY of this got to do with VM's Tech Support for their products and
services?

--
Carl Waring

Old May 7th 09, 10:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Charani

On Wed, 06 May 2009 16:21:33 +0100, Jim Howes wrote:

While they are happy
to bombard me with junk mail, despite my registration on the mailing
preference service, as they know my postcode.

Your post code has nothing to do with it. You get that information
because you were (apparently) a customer at one time. MPS doesn't
cover that. It only covers unsolicited junk mail.

If the mail is unsolicited but addressed to you and your name is in
the public version of the electoral roll, they'll have got it from
there. MPS can deal with that.

If it's coming through your letterbox unaddressed, contact the post
office and tell them you don't want junk mail to your address. They
are reluctant to stop but they do have a list of addresses not to
deliver the junk mail to. MPS can't deal with it.

You could always try writing to VM, telling them you are not a
customer, you're not interested in their rubbish and that you're MPS
registered. It probably won't work though.

You could also try contacting your local council and tell them the box
is in a dangerous state, thus a hazard under Health and Safety, but VM
are reluctant to do anything about it despite your reporting it to
them twice.
Old May 7th 09, 10:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim

Mark Carver wrote:
Jim Howes wrote:

This street box currently has it's front door hanging off.

I reported it, eventually, to someone a while back. All it would have
taken is for an engineer to stop off, re-hang the door, and all would
have been well.

Did this happen?

Of course not. It got ignored, since when the door has been bent by
local idiots, who are yet to actually start randomly rewiring the street
box for virgin (thus markedly improving levels of service no doubt)

Not a unique problem, I often see Virgin Medja boxes in a similar state
in my town. There's two main problems, firstly modern youth, who no
matter where they live slowly destroy the environment, doesn't matter
what it is, street furniture, saplings, their own school, etc. Secondly
the fact that VM and/or their predecessors have chosen to use street
boxes made out of tin plate.

Vandalism isn't a new problem. Human nature doesn't
change as fast as technology.

I reported an open door on my cabinet a few years
back. 6 months later it was still the same. I don't
think they'll send anyone out until there's a service
fault reported. Even then, I doubt many engineers are
equipped to repair a broken lock.
Old May 7th 09, 05:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"Carl Waring" wrote in message
om...
What has ANY of this got to do with VM's Tech Support for their products
and services?

Erm...

Box owned by Virgin - part of their service
Box needs fixing
Report problem to Virgin
Virgin ignores problem report (repeatedly)
Box still needs fixing
Something wrong with Virgin's fault-reporting/repair-service system.
QED

Is that better?

George