Carphone Warehouse buy Tiscali UK

Old May 8th 09, 11:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Default Carphone Warehouse buy Tiscali UK

They paid 236 million. Carphone Warehouse already own Talk-Talk and AOL UK
with the plan being to combine all three into one business.

Peter Crosland

Old May 8th 09, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
alexd

Peter Crosland wrote:

They paid 236 million. Carphone Warehouse already own Talk-Talk and AOL
UK with the plan being to combine all three into one business.

OK, so who's the fourth horseman?

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
19:47:07 up 1 day, 22:00, 1 user, load average: 0.14, 0.11, 0.09

Old May 8th 09, 07:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eeyore

alexd wrote:

Peter Crosland wrote:

They paid 236 million. Carphone Warehouse already own Talk-Talk and AOL
UK with the plan being to combine all three into one business.

OK, so who's the fourth horseman?

LOL !

Graham

Old May 8th 09, 08:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

They paid 236 million. Carphone Warehouse already own Talk-Talk and AOL
UK with the plan being to combine all three into one business.

OK, so who's the fourth horseman?

ROTHLOLPMP!

Seriously though they may not be allowed to takeover anymore as this will
already give them around 25% of the UK market. More details here

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/

Peter Crosland

Old May 8th 09, 08:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Darling

On Fri, 08 May 2009 20:01:03 +0100, Peter Crosland wrote:

They paid 236 million. Carphone Warehouse already own Talk-Talk and
AOL UK with the plan being to combine all three into one business.

OK, so who's the fourth horseman?

ROTHLOLPMP!

Seriously though they may not be allowed to takeover anymore as this
will already give them around 25% of the UK market. More details here

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/

Don't Tiscali also own Bulldog & Pipex?

Regards
Gordon

Old May 9th 09, 01:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil W Lee

Gordon Darling considered 08 May 2009 19:19:58 GMT
the perfect time to write:

On Fri, 08 May 2009 20:01:03 +0100, Peter Crosland wrote:

They paid 236 million. Carphone Warehouse already own Talk-Talk and
AOL UK with the plan being to combine all three into one business.

OK, so who's the fourth horseman?

ROTHLOLPMP!

Seriously though they may not be allowed to takeover anymore as this
will already give them around 25% of the UK market. More details here

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/

Don't Tiscali also own Bulldog & Pipex?

Regards
Gordon

Yes, and Nildram.
Old May 9th 09, 09:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Another Dave

Phil W Lee wrote:
Don't Tiscali also own Bulldog & Pipex?

Yes, and Nildram.

Yes, and Freedom2Surf :-(

Another Dave

Old May 9th 09, 10:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Darling

On Sat, 09 May 2009 09:04:50 +0100, Another Dave wrote:

Phil W Lee wrote:
Don't Tiscali also own Bulldog & Pipex?

Yes, and Nildram.

Yes, and Freedom2Surf :-(

Another Dave

Thanks both for the info
Regards
Gordon

Old May 9th 09, 10:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
The Natural Philosopher

Peter Crosland wrote:
They paid 236 million. Carphone Warehouse already own Talk-Talk and AOL UK
with the plan being to combine all three into one business.

That's called consolidation of toxic assets.

Peter Crosland

Old May 9th 09, 12:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

Peter Crosland wrote:
They paid 236 million. Carphone Warehouse already own Talk-Talk and AOL
UK with the plan being to combine all three into one business.

That's called consolidation of toxic assets.

Peter Crosland

I dread to think what the broadband market will be like soon; probably a
duopoly of the BT Group and Carphone Warehouse. :-(

BT are getting pretty "toxic" lately too.
In just one week, I've heard of two horror stories locally:

1. Payphone and coin-box removed (presumed stolen) from telephone kiosk in a
village (which has no mobile phone coverage whatsoever).
When reported, BT logged the fault but told the caller it would take "a few
months" (!) to replace the mechanism.

2. A neighbour's phone and broadband went faulty - no service at all. BT
visited and found that the underground cable from the nearest pole (about
100m away) needed replacing. Did they fix it? No. They gave my neighbour a
length of armoured cable and some plastic duct and told him to dig a trench
and bury it himself. They would then come back later and terminate it. My
neighbour is not exactly a spring chicken and he has had to employ the
services of a young bloke to do the donkey work.

We're all going to hell in a hand-cart....

George