Is Entanet down AGAIN?

Old May 9th 09, 02:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hubert Lane

Default Is Entanet down AGAIN?

looks like it - found myself 28th in customer support queue, so hung up.
Currentlu connecting through (slow) mobile braodband (the speed is pants,
but at least it keeps working)

This makes the 6th long Enta outage since January! Enta used to be one of
the best, now they seem to be competing for the most unreliable service.

Time to move on - any suggestions?, or are all ISP's as bad, or worse?

TIA

Old May 9th 09, 02:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"Hubert Lane" wrote in message
looks like it - found myself 28th in customer support queue, so hung up.
Currentlu connecting through (slow) mobile braodband (the speed is pants,
but at least it keeps working)

This makes the 6th long Enta outage since January! Enta used to be one
of the best, now they seem to be competing for the most unreliable
service.

Time to move on - any suggestions?, or are all ISP's as bad, or worse?

I moved to Be Unlimited, they for me offer LLU up to 24MB at less money too.
3 month contract.
O2 are same firm might have similar prices.
These two came out top in Which and other comparisons.
--
Regards,
David

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.

Old May 9th 09, 02:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Sat, 9 May 2009 13:19:30 UTC, "David" wrote:

I moved to Be Unlimited, they for me offer LLU up to 24MB at less money too.

That's bloody fast. Or did you mean 24Mbit?

These two came out top in Which and other comparisons.

Hmmm. Which don't have a clue when it comes to this sort of thing.

--
Bob Eager
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:

Old May 9th 09, 02:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Hubert Lane

"David" wrote in message

"Hubert Lane" wrote in message
looks like it - found myself 28th in customer support queue, so hung up.
Currentlu connecting through (slow) mobile braodband (the speed is pants,
but at least it keeps working)

This makes the 6th long Enta outage since January! Enta used to be one
of the best, now they seem to be competing for the most unreliable
service.

Time to move on - any suggestions?, or are all ISP's as bad, or worse?

I moved to Be Unlimited, they for me offer LLU up to 24MB at less money
too.
3 month contract.
O2 are same firm might have similar prices.
These two came out top in Which and other comparisons.
--
Regards,
David

FREESAT HD as it is now it is a joke.

Hi. sadly my exchange isn't LLU (nor probably ever will be in this lifetime)

Until recently Enta have been the pick of the bunch in my area - but they
have been going rapidly downhill in terms of reliability since the start of
2009.

Have they been bought out, or something?

Old May 9th 09, 02:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David

"David" wrote in message

[...]

They became rubbish for me last Sept./Oct.
Try the Be/O2 up to Mb

Old May 9th 09, 04:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Davies

Hubert Lane wrote:
looks like it - found myself 28th in customer support queue, so hung up.

According to my local stats, the xDSL link and IP routes to selected
destinations have been fine all day. (Mind you, I only check twice
hourly.)

Chris
Old May 9th 09, 05:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
blackcat

David wrote:

They became rubbish for me last Sept./Oct.
Try the Be/O2 up to Mb

It is true that with their new contracts they give less for the same price.
Which puts them in a really less competitive position. As most ISPs they
don't reward fidelity.
--
Bertrand
Old May 9th 09, 06:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
George Weston

"blackcat" wrote in message
David wrote:

They became rubbish for me last Sept./Oct.
Try the Be/O2 up to Mb

It is true that with their new contracts they give less for the same
price.
Which puts them in a really less competitive position. As most ISPs they
don't reward fidelity.

Which is also true of Plusnet.
Their new tariffs give less than the previous ones.
Yes, they've introduced some (much) cheaper tariff options but at the
expense of functionality.
And they've done away with the one-month contract.
I'm still with them so far, as existing customers' terms & conditions remain
in place.
IDNet is looking more attractive by the day....

George

Old May 11th 09, 01:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul

"Hubert Lane" wrote in message
looks like it - found myself 28th in customer support queue, so hung up.
Currentlu connecting through (slow) mobile braodband (the speed is pants,
but at least it keeps working)

This makes the 6th long Enta outage since January! Enta used to be one
of the best, now they seem to be competing for the most unreliable
service.

Time to move on - any suggestions?, or are all ISP's as bad, or worse?

TIA

3rd or 4th long outage with ADSL24/Entanet in my area this year - all
apparently caused by accidental cable cuts or thefts. Shouldn't there be a
way of routeing traffic around a damaged cable?

ADSL24 is now offering optional ADSL2+ acting as a reseller of Be (as
opposed to Entanet - I imagine they are as dischuffed with Entanet as
everybody else is) - but they area charging their customers who want to
switch much more than it would cost the customer to deal with Be or O2
direct. Apparently Be is charging ADSL24 (for a wholesale service) an higher
rate than it charges direct customers (that seems very odd?).

Paul

Old May 11th 09, 09:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick

Paul wrote:

ADSL24 is now offering optional ADSL2+ acting as a reseller of Be (as
opposed to Entanet - I imagine they are as dischuffed with Entanet as
everybody else is) - but they area charging their customers who want to
switch much more than it would cost the customer to deal with Be or O2
direct. Apparently Be is charging ADSL24 (for a wholesale service) an
higher rate than it charges direct customers (that seems very odd?).

Paul

I tried ADSL24 and although the underlying problems may have been with
Entanet, I was very unimpressed with ADSL24's handling. They gave the
impression of being busy, lots of things changing but just making the
situation worse. Their status updates were lacking in clarity and they
failed to respond to a direct complaint. I ended up with no service at
all for 8 days while I waited to migrate to BE.

I would guess BE are not particularly interested in having a busy
reseller raising issues for customers as this will increase rather than
reduce support costs.

The best ISPs are not the busy ones but the ones who provide a service
that just works. I am now with BE and have no idea what their support is
like, which is the way I like it. I can't see any reason for a customer
to want ADSL24 in the middle.