SMSlisto

Old May 10th 09, 01:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Malcolm Loades

Default SMSlisto

I've been using Voipstunt for a long time but took my eye off the ball.
Now they are one of the more expensive providers for a significant
percentage of the calls I make. I did comparisons and SMSlisto are my
best bet so I signed up with them.

There is no problem using SMSlisto to call foreign numbers but when I
tried calling UK mobile numbers it didn't connect. I dug around and
found on their website that ALL numbers dialled should be in full
international format, which is why the foreign numbers worked! Dialling
UK mobiles (SMSlisto are very cheap for these) using the full
international dialling number works fine but it's a real pain. Is there
anything I can do to get round this? I'm using a FritzBox!
--
My Reply To: address is valid!
If you have doubts visit http://www.spam-trap.org.uk for an explanation.

Old May 10th 09, 07:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Philippe Deleye

"Malcolm Loades" wrote in message
... Dialling
UK mobiles (SMSlisto are very cheap for these) using the full
international dialling number works fine but it's a real pain. Is there
anything I can do to get round this? I'm using a FritzBox!

In theory, if you have registered corrcetly to the servcie, using a UK
adress, there should be no need for dialing full international code.
However, you may not have done so, hence it's impossible for SMSlisto to
know that you are in the UK.
But your solution is in the FritzBox:
In the Internet telephony settings, you can "Adjust number format" by
indicating which prefix digiots the numebr you dialed should be preceeded
(e.g. 0044)
Philippe

Old May 10th 09, 09:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham.

"Philippe Deleye" wrote in message

"Malcolm Loades" wrote in message
... Dialling
UK mobiles (SMSlisto are very cheap for these) using the full
international dialling number works fine but it's a real pain. Is there
anything I can do to get round this? I'm using a FritzBox!

In theory, if you have registered corrcetly to the servcie, using a UK
adress, there should be no need for dialing full international code.
However, you may not have done so, hence it's impossible for SMSlisto to
know that you are in the UK.
But your solution is in the FritzBox:
In the Internet telephony settings, you can "Adjust number format" by
indicating which prefix digiots the numebr you dialed should be preceeded
(e.g. 0044)
Philippe

I take things a step further and get the dial-plan to prefix 0044161
(I am in Manchester) when I dial a 7 digit local number.
The idea is to have the VoIP line, as far as possible, behave like
a BT landline. (I'm using Linksys kit, not AVM)

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old May 11th 09, 08:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Malcolm Loades

In message , Philippe Deleye
writes

"Malcolm Loades" wrote in message
... Dialling
UK mobiles (SMSlisto are very cheap for these) using the full
international dialling number works fine but it's a real pain. Is there
anything I can do to get round this? I'm using a FritzBox!

In theory, if you have registered corrcetly to the servcie, using a UK
adress, there should be no need for dialing full international code.
However, you may not have done so, hence it's impossible for SMSlisto to
know that you are in the UK.

You're correct in that I didn't register with a UK address; I have
property in Zimbabwe and used that address. I thought that this only
mattered as regards billing and that current location would be based on
the IP address accessing the system.

But your solution is in the FritzBox:
In the Internet telephony settings, you can "Adjust number format" by
indicating which prefix digiots the numebr you dialed should be preceeded
(e.g. 0044)
Philippe

A cursory glance before posting seemed to suggest that prefixes only
applied to outgoing calls by landline. Having pointed me in the right
direction I found under Settings - Telephony - Internet Telephony - Edit
Internet Number that ticking the 'Use country code box' and then putting
44 as the country code and 00 as the IDD Prefix that all works perfectly
:-)

Thank you.

Old May 14th 09, 10:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Davies

Philippe Deleye wrote:
In theory, if you have registered corrcetly to the servcie, using a UK
adress, there should be no need for dialing full international code.

I've not found that (yes, I have a UK address registered on SMSListo),
and I'm sure the website says that all numbers must be dialed in full
international format..?

Chris