O2 broadband non LLU

Old May 10th 09, 09:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cullen Skink

Default O2 broadband non LLU

Is O2's standard ADSL service (i.e. non LLU) any good for speed and
reliability?

Old May 11th 09, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Abo

Cullen Skink wrote:
Is O2's standard ADSL service (i.e. non LLU) any good for speed and
reliability?

It depends
Old May 11th 09, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Cullen Skink

"Abo" wrote in message
Cullen Skink wrote:
Is O2's standard ADSL service (i.e. non LLU) any good for speed and
reliability?

It depends

Can you expand on that? Generally is their non LLU service good or bad.
I'm looking for a new provider.

Old May 11th 09, 10:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Crosland

Is O2's standard ADSL service (i.e. non LLU) any good for speed and
reliability?

If it is a connection using BT kit it will be no better or worse than any
other ISP. However the real difference is how well, or badly, the ISP
supports the service and what, if any, restrictions they put on usage.

Peter Crosland

Old May 12th 09, 10:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike Tomlinson

In article , Cullen Skink
writes

Is O2's standard ADSL service (i.e. non LLU) any good for speed and
reliability?

My mum's used it for about 18 months and has been happy. Calls of the
nature "Son, can you come and fix my computer, I've no internet" have
been almost non-existent. I got her a router with a nice big power
switch on the front and instructed her to turn it off and on as a first
measure in sorting out any problem.

They seem to be having a push to sell or migrate users to the LLU
service, though. Mum took it up - smoothie salesman on the phone - and
I have yet to go round and install the "box thingy" she subsequently
received, whatever that is.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) Bunny says Windows 7 is Vi$ta reloaded.

Old May 16th 09, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike Tomlinson

In article , Mike Tomlinson
writes

They seem to be having a push to sell or migrate users to the LLU
service, though. Mum took it up - smoothie salesman on the phone - and
I have yet to go round and install the "box thingy" she subsequently
received, whatever that is.

Having now seen the box thingy, but not yet installed it, it's a
Livebox. Basically a fancy router and VOIP unit in a weird triangular
white plastic case.

There are the usual connections, only two Ethernet ports, ADSL line,
wireless, etc. And another RJ45 socket for the VOIP which has a
converter lead (RJ45 to BT socket) for use with any phone.

Once registered, you get a second phone number for the VOIP and free
calls 24/7 to UK geo numbers and a range of about 40 international
destinations. She makes quite a few international calls so I imagine
this will work out financially for her.

--
(\__/)

Old May 16th 09, 04:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Sat, 16 May 2009 11:12:47 +0100, Mike Tomlinson
wrote:

Having now seen the box thingy, but not yet installed it, it's a
Livebox. Basically a fancy router and VOIP unit in a weird triangular
white plastic case.

A Livebox will mean you're talking about Orange, the OP was asking
about O2 which has excellent broadband service, it's basical Be at a
lower price (and 5 knocked off if you have an O2 phone).

Having moved to O2 a few months ago, they beats the pants off all
other providers I've been with. Here's the lost of awards they've
won...

http://broadband.o2.co.uk/home/awards.jsp