Pirelli DP-L10 battery

Old May 10th 09, 09:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Higton

Default Pirelli DP-L10 battery

Anyone else got a Pirelli DP-L10?

How much standby time are you getting? I'm getting about 14 hours
on a full charge. The WLAN signal where it spends most of its day
is very weak.

Anyone know where to get a replacement battery, if it turns out I
need one? I've not found it listed anywhere except as part of the
accessory kit at sipgate.co.uk, which makes it extremely expensive.

Dave
Old May 11th 09, 03:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

In ,
Dave Higton typed, for some strange,
unexplained reason:
: Anyone else got a Pirelli DP-L10?
:
: How much standby time are you getting? I'm getting about 14 hours
: on a full charge. The WLAN signal where it spends most of its day
: is very weak.
:
: Anyone know where to get a replacement battery, if it turns out I
: need one? I've not found it listed anywhere except as part of the
: accessory kit at sipgate.co.uk, which makes it extremely expensive.
:
: Dave

I've got a complete phone you can have if you want it, biggest heap of
junk I've bought in years, worked ok for a month and then the display
died, suppose I should have sent it back under warranty but couldn't be
arsed.

Contact me off group if you're interested, ivor at despammed dot com.

Ivor

Old May 13th 09, 01:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
davehigton

On 11 May, 15:16, "Ivor Jones" wrote:
,
[...]

(replied by priv-mail)

Dave
Old May 13th 09, 03:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Knell

On May 10, 9:02*pm, Dave Higton wrote:
Anyone else got a Pirelli DP-L10?

How much standby time are you getting? *I'm getting about 14 hours
on a full charge. *The WLAN signal where it spends most of its day
is very weak.

3 days(ish), but then it's just got a wooden floor between it and the
router most of the time. Not a bad SIP/WiFi phone - pity they muddied
the waters by adding the GSM stuff.

--Dave
Old May 13th 09, 09:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Dave Higton

In message
David Knell wrote:

On May 10, 9:02*pm, Dave Higton wrote:
Anyone else got a Pirelli DP-L10?

How much standby time are you getting? *I'm getting about 14 hours
on a full charge. *The WLAN signal where it spends most of its day
is very weak.

3 days(ish), but then it's just got a wooden floor between it and the
router most of the time. Not a bad SIP/WiFi phone - pity they muddied
the waters by adding the GSM stuff.

Does yours always register with the SIP service provider OK? Mine
often complains it can't do the DNS lookup. Other times it gets
its external SIP address but not its RTP address - how bizarre is
that? I've also found a clear bug in the software when attempting
to use a non-standard port number.

However, it's a fun little toy when it works. I use it far more
on GSM than VoIP, though.

Dave