3 mobile broadband goes tits up

Old May 12th 09, 09:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
John Salt

Default 3 mobile broadband goes tits up

It seems that 3 mobile broadband service has been lost for several days in
the S418BR postcode area of Chesterfield. Derbyshire. Does anyone know if a
cell has gone tits up in this area? As ever, 3 are unable to help.......
instead passing the customer on to a website FAQ. There is definitely a
problem in this area at the moment. I was doing to some tests on his behalf
last night and there was no internet access from this area at all.
Obviously 3 are unaware of this issue and need to know there are problems.

Anyone know who I can complain to, or report a fault?

Thanks

Old May 12th 09, 12:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Jon B

John Salt wrote:

It seems that 3 mobile broadband service has been lost for several days in
the S418BR postcode area of Chesterfield. Derbyshire. Does anyone know if a
cell has gone tits up in this area? As ever, 3 are unable to help.......
instead passing the customer on to a website FAQ. There is definitely a
problem in this area at the moment. I was doing to some tests on his behalf
last night and there was no internet access from this area at all.
Obviously 3 are unaware of this issue and need to know there are problems.

Anyone know who I can complain to, or report a fault?

Can at least dial up a connection on Saltergate. Dongle not topped up
currently so can't do any further testing than that.
--
Jon B
Above email address IS valid.
Old May 12th 09, 01:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

"John Salt" wrote in message
It seems that 3 mobile broadband service has been lost for several days in
the S418BR postcode area of Chesterfield. Derbyshire. Does anyone know if

cell has gone tits up in this area? As ever, 3 are unable to help.......
instead passing the customer on to a website FAQ. There is definitely a
problem in this area at the moment. I was doing to some tests on his

behalf
last night and there was no internet access from this area at all.
Obviously 3 are unaware of this issue and need to know there are problems.

Anyone know who I can complain to, or report a fault?

Thanks

I live in S41 8xx postcode area too and have had no connection to the 3
network since 3rd May. Its been pathetic. If it continues to be like this
for much longer I shall be dumping 3 mobile broadband and trying another
provider. This interruption follows their so called upgrade on Sunday 3 May
this year. I have not had a connection that works since that day.

The upgrade seems to have screwed the system up. Perhaps in future they
might leave well alone!

Disgruntled 3 Mobile Broadband user

Old May 13th 09, 08:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Dave Higton

In message
"John Salt" wrote:

It seems that 3 mobile broadband service has been lost for several days in
the S418BR postcode area of Chesterfield. Derbyshire. Does anyone know if a
cell has gone tits up in this area? As ever, 3 are unable to help.......
instead passing the customer on to a website FAQ. There is definitely a
problem in this area at the moment. I was doing to some tests on his
behalf last night and there was no internet access from this area at all.
Obviously 3 are unaware of this issue and need to know there are problems.

Anyone know who I can complain to, or report a fault?

I'm nowhere near Chesterfield, but I find it curious that I've often
been unable to "get Internet"; more specifically it's a failure to
resolve URLs, not a failure to connect. It's happened far more often
at home than in the other places I've tried. I don't know if this
helps you at all or just muddies the waters some more.

This is with a Huawei E160G on an Eee 701 running Xandros, so I've
been able to replace 3's DNS addresses (10.11.12.13 and 10.11.12.14)
with a couple that I know to work; hey presto, Internet again.

Dave
Old May 17th 09, 10:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Nicholas

Dave Higton wrote:
This is with a Huawei E160G on an Eee 701 running Xandros, so I've
been able to replace 3's DNS addresses (10.11.12.13 and 10.11.12.14)
with a couple that I know to work; hey presto, Internet again.

Those don't work, as you know, try reconnecting or use:
195.27.1.1, 141.1.1.1 or 141.1.27.249
which I get given when using "3internet".

Remember: No DNS service, no internet. You can still usually send/receive
mail if you know the IPs of the relevant servers.

Linux users:
Setting the "debug" option with pppd will produce copious information as to
the progress of your connection attempts.
Old May 21st 09, 12:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
mark

On May 13, 8:51*pm, Dave Higton wrote:
In message
* * * * * "John Salt" wrote:

[...]

Perhaps try another DNS server ... 208.67.222.222 for opendns. Useful
IP to remember
Old May 21st 09, 02:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

"John Salt" wrote in message
It seems that 3 mobile broadband service has been lost for several days in
the S418BR postcode area of Chesterfield. Derbyshire. Does anyone know if
cell has gone tits up in this area? As ever, 3 are unable to help.......
instead passing the customer on to a website FAQ. There is definitely a
problem in this area at the moment. I was doing to some tests on his
behalf
last night and there was no internet access from this area at all.
Obviously 3 are unaware of this issue and need to know there are problems.
Anyone know who I can complain to, or report a fault?
Thanks

Back to normal since yesterday, here in Watford wd17

Steve Terry

Old May 22nd 09, 01:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Soruk

On 2009-05-21, Steve Terry wrote:
"John Salt" wrote in message
It seems that 3 mobile broadband service has been lost for several days in
the S418BR postcode area of Chesterfield. Derbyshire. Does anyone know if
cell has gone tits up in this area? As ever, 3 are unable to help.......
instead passing the customer on to a website FAQ. There is definitely a
problem in this area at the moment. I was doing to some tests on his
behalf
last night and there was no internet access from this area at all.
Obviously 3 are unaware of this issue and need to know there are problems.
Anyone know who I can complain to, or report a fault?
Thanks

Back to normal since yesterday, here in Watford wd17

Steve Terry

Seems normal again here too, Basingstoke RG24 / RG27.

International Calls - http://calls.matrixnetwork.co.uk/
Old May 23rd 09, 12:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Soruk

On 2009-05-21, Steve Terry wrote:
"John Salt" wrote in message
It seems that 3 mobile broadband service has been lost for several days in
the S418BR postcode area of Chesterfield. Derbyshire. Does anyone know if
cell has gone tits up in this area? As ever, 3 are unable to help.......
instead passing the customer on to a website FAQ. There is definitely a
problem in this area at the moment. I was doing to some tests on his
behalf
last night and there was no internet access from this area at all.
Obviously 3 are unaware of this issue and need to know there are problems.
Anyone know who I can complain to, or report a fault?
Thanks

Back to normal since yesterday, here in Watford wd17

Seems normal again here too, Basingstoke RG24 / RG27.

Posted too soon. It was horrendous today. Same location.

International Calls - http://calls.matrixnetwork.co.uk/
Old May 23rd 09, 12:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Steve Terry

On 2009-05-21, Steve Terry wrote:
"John Salt" wrote in message
[...]

Michael "Soruk" McConnell Eridani Star System

Played up a bit earlier, but OK late this evening

Steve Terry