N95 / Fring / Skype Query

Old May 12th 09, 03:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.voip
David Greene

Default N95 / Fring / Skype Query

Have installed Fring on N95 and using it to access Skype and phone UK
landlines/mobiles whilst away in Spain via Hotel Wi-Fi network. (more
convenient than using skype on laptop)

It's all working ok and calls are showing up as charged if I check my Skype
account.

I presume because I'm using a Wi-Fi network I can't possibly be incurring
any other charges - either from roaming operator or my home mobile provider
Orange??

Is this correct?

Thanks

Old May 12th 09, 06:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.voip
R. Mark Clayton

"David Greene" wrote in message
Have installed Fring on N95 and using it to access Skype and phone UK
landlines/mobiles whilst away in Spain via Hotel Wi-Fi network. (more
convenient than using skype on laptop)

It's all working ok and calls are showing up as charged if I check my
Skype account.

I presume because I'm using a Wi-Fi network I can't possibly be incurring
any other charges - either from roaming operator or my home mobile
provider Orange??

Is this correct?

Thanks

Probably, but turn off the phone connection while you do it for belt and
braces.